+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens Finances

Queens Finances

Name:  20200224_190649.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  56.9 KB

What we can see from this is around a 50, 000 pound increase on commercial activity which I'm sure will mainly be the Arena business rental. More companies going in is good for us as Qos fans and Queens themselves. ---------As said in the Standard, the extra income from football activities was due to getting to Pittodrie in the SC fifth round and a two pound increase on the adult admission. This shows to me how important it is for Queens to do quite well in the Cups but this seasons abysmal Cup performances will have a knock on effect in next years financial statement .------------The pitch, arena and gym hire is slightly down on 2018 figures. I'm guessing that more of 5G all weather pitches in the area could be hitting Queens as they are not the ' only show in town" with these facilities. Or it could be that the King George gym is costing Queens money to operate. The Dumfries area is saturated with gymnasiums now and probably hard to get more folk signed up in a very competitive area . --------The ' other activities'is up 40,000 in a year although I'm not sure what that would involve ? Weekly/ Deluxe draw possibly-------- Some folk might not want to hear this but without Billy Hewitson's initiatives, we would almost certainly be part time by now. Yes, he could be more of a people person and tell us about his realistic ambitions for Queens but his contribution is there in black and white . No one had a clue what to do with the Lows Supermarket building but he did and made it happen.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 24-02-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    What we can see from this is around a 50, 000 pound increase on commercial activity which I'm sure will mainly be the Arena business rental. More companies going in is good for us as Qos fans and Queens themselves. ---------As said in the Standard, the extra income from football activities was due to getting to Pittodrie in the SC fifth round and a two pound increase on the adult admission. This shows to me how important it is for Queens to do quite well in the Cups but this seasons abysmal Cup performances will have a knock on effect in next years financial statement .------------The pitch, arena and gym hire is slightly down on 2018 figures. I'm guessing that more of 5G all weather pitches in the area could be hitting Queens as they are not the ' only show in town" with these facilities. Or it could be that the King George gym is costing Queens money to operate. The Dumfries area is saturated with gymnasiums now and probably hard to get more folk signed up in a very competitive area . --------The ' other activities'is up 40,000 in a year although I'm not sure what that would involve ? Weekly/ Deluxe draw possibly-------- Some folk might not want to hear this but without Billy Hewitson's initiatives, we would almost certainly be part time by now. Yes, he could be more of a people person and tell us about his realistic ambitions for Queens but his contribution is there in black and white . No one had a clue what to do with the Lows Supermarket building but he did and made it happen.

"Some folk might not want to hear this but without Billy Hewitson's initiatives, we would almost certainly be part time by now. Yes, he could be more of a people person and tell us about his realistic ambitions for Queens but his contribution is there in black and white . No one had a clue what to do with the Lows Supermarket building but he did and made it happen."

yes jr we all know what him and the board have done for the club and thay have done really well for us but as i keep saying its now in the past ,we thank them for it ,the now and the future is the concern ,thay need to keep driving the club forwards ,all these improvements yet we are going backwards at some rate with the first team squad which needs addressed asap .

Sorry Francis, I'm not with you at all! You keep saying that what 'they' have done for us is now in the past! Indeed it is not, as the balance sheet at the top of the page very clearly states that the income is for the years 2018 and 2019, - so it is very much what 'they' have done as of the present moment.

It is also abundantly clear that being kicked out of every cup competition at an early stage will have a huge effect on our balance sheet for next year and a blind bat could tell you that it will not make good reading.

Rather than berate the board for not coming up with the goods, - you need to start questioning the tactics of the management team who have fallen way short of expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    And let’s not forget Billy Hewitson has since got a major new tenant in James Hallam which won’t be on these financial figures. Without the Arena and pitch hire we’d be struggling in league 1 or maybe even 2. We’ve so much to thank the BOD’s for

Or it could be that the King George gym is costing Queens money to operate. The Dumfries area is saturated with gymnasiums now and probably hard to get more folk signed up in a very competitive area . --------

Just joined a gym in Dumfries and never even realised there was one at the King George park or I would have looked at that first and put my money into the club. Is it well advertised or have I just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    Or it could be that the King George gym is costing Queens money to operate. The Dumfries area is saturated with gymnasiums now and probably hard to get more folk signed up in a very competitive area . --------

Just joined a gym in Dumfries and never even realised there was one at the King George park or I would have looked at that first and put my money into the club. Is it well advertised or have I just missed it.
    Hi Stravaigar. Queens took the King George facilities off the Council as it was a loss maker for them and they just wanted rid . I dont think any money changed hands, just that the keys were handed over. Maybe Queens have got other plans for that site ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-02-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post

To be honest it’s been very poorly advertised by the club for whatever reason. It’s just a small gym but all the equipment was replaced approx 6 months ago and it’s reasonably cheap. £25 a month
    Last edited by johnny_dumfries; 25-02-2020 at 09:35 AM.

http://www.qosfc.com/kgv

Found this on the official site

Fitness Suite[]

Gym members are provided with a fitness programme specific to their goals. FREE! We offer a number of membership packages :

Single Annual £275
    Single Monthly £25
    Joint Annual £480
    Joint Monthly £40
    Family Annual (x3) £660
    Family Monthly (x3) £60
    Pay as you Go £5
    Induction £10
    All gym users are required to have an induction if they have not used the facility in 3 months or more. This includes PAYG users.

*Joint/Family memberships must all live in the same household, proof of address will be required from all parties.

The first month membership fees are required to be paid up front and a standing order will be set up for the following months thereafter. If you have any queries, please contact a member of staff.

In addition to normal gym use, we also offer the following :

Personal Training

The facility provides one to one training sessions for all ages and abilities (16+).
    £20 per session
    £100 for 6 sessions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)