+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foolish hopes maybe - QPR

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    If only we could defend set pieces
    Or score goals! Hope surely is the only reason one watches Derby? Without it one would stay at home. Ah well a brief resurgence but the Rooney effect is wearing off.

An average team we will finish mid table and then next season? If Cocu stays then I forecast more of the same, just don't get his tactics, team selections at all.

Deserved a draw on balance, not a bad game, decent header from Waghorn for the equaliser. Then came a misplaced pass from Rodney, fast break and good finish for their winner.

Overall good value for money as entertainment, but the ticket was free! Result doesn't really matter for either team.

No real stand out players, lots of 6/10 performances and at least the rain backed off.

That's 11 defeats and 5 draws so far this season in the 16 games in which we didn't score first. A bit like our recently ended run of not losing 60 odd on the trot when we got the first goal. What does it actually say/mean? Does it point out that the players are mentally weak and need to get in front or they fold? I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    That's 11 defeats and 5 draws so far this season in the 16 games in which we didn't score first. A bit like our recently ended run of not losing 60 odd on the trot when we got the first goal. What does it actually say/mean? Does it point out that the players are mentally weak and need to get in front or they fold? I really don't know.
    I think a lot of the players are frightend of expressing themselves
    I know a lot rave about Shinnie but last night, he had space in midfield to look for a forward pass and he kept turning right round, to the back four who where under pressure .I couldn't watch
    And again great going forward but our said full backs can't stop a cross
    also I know it must be instructions from higher up but the goalie rolling out to an under pressure defender is getting boring. We basically had three holding midfielders which we don't need in any game, try wing backs , anything ? but a flat back four with 3 defensive midfielders dosen't allow us to get out and support the front three ,who basically can't hold the ball up anyway !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Deserved a draw on balance, not a bad game, decent header from Waghorn for the equaliser. Then came a misplaced pass from Rodney, fast break and good finish for their winner.

Overall good value for money as entertainment, but the ticket was free! Result doesn't really matter for either team.

No real stand out players, lots of 6/10 performances and at least the rain backed off.
    Agree with that GP, but weren’t you pulling your hair out for about 15 minutes before they scored their first when we just seemed to be playing a game of ‘let’s see how much we can get away with passing or p*ssing about across our own area before Hamer has to belt it down field anyway’?
    We seem to want to play the Liverpool way but with too many players of Tranmere quality.
    Holmes was a big miss, imo and what has happened to Marriott? Looked such a good player when he joined and pleased to see him given a start last night...but imo he contributed nothing.

Would like to know what Marriotts problem is, a striker of his calibre not getting games on a regular basis says something
    is amiss. A player who just gets chucked on for the last 5 minutes won't be a payer with confidence when given a starting position.
    I had great expectations for Jack when I could see what a finisher he was but now have no idea whats happened to the lad!

That pissing around by the back 4, almost losing the ball on occasion then hoofing anyway towards an undersized front line was frustrating, and not just the first 15 mins, but that's the way we chose to play. Guess one gets used to it as a fan, shame the players can't! Hate to say it but that's where we miss Keogh 's better (if occasionally dangerous) passing out of defence.

From having little at DM in Huddlestone and Evans, we do now have a surfeit with Shinnie and Bird and a deep lying Rodney who seemed a bit tired / disinterested at times yesterday. Not sure Shinnie and Bird should start together unless push Rodney upfield. They wouldn't have if Holmes were fit I guess, but I'd have started Knight instead of one or the other to get more cohesion between midfield and forwards.

Part of me would like to see us being more adventurous away from home. Why is home advantage such a big thing in all games (especially ours). Maybe it's psychological but an early goal or two away from home surely can take the crowd edge away and put pressure on the home team, especially when it's a small crowd (under 12000) and so easier to quite down

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Hate to say it but that's where we miss Keogh 's better (if occasionally dangerous) passing out of defence
    Not sure why you ‘hate to say it’ when it’s self evidently true.
    Keogh has been a huge loss since September but it’s circumstances beyond our, or Cocu’s, control.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Or score goals! Hope surely is the only reason one watches Derby? Without it one would stay at home. Ah well a brief resurgence but the Rooney effect is wearing off.

An average team we will finish mid table and then next season? If Cocu stays then I forecast more of the same, just don't get his tactics, team selections at all.
    I'm surprised they haven't given you a go as advisor with your wealth of knowledge and experience always being right on the button with everything 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't given you a go as advisor with your wealth of knowledge and experience always being right on the button with everything ��
    Maybe he’s one of those ‘super forecasters’ we hear so much about these days...anyway I’m following the new mantra of ‘Be Kind’, so welcome back Rats. Your forum needs you...I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)