+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season 20/21 expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    What will Dee expectations be for 20/21?
    Will they no come back again?
    I genuinely think they wont. Think they'll potter about division fun for a few year and then go bust. Doubt anyone will notice or even care though.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Important to remember that Neilson has been here before with Hearts. Promoted, 3rd place finish (i think?) Then left the club whilst in 2nd place. They've never really recovered from his departure. His experience will be as important next season as it has been in this one, maybe even more.
    Good post Bud, very true!

We are keeping Shanks for next season unless unreal money comes in for him. The reason? We are going for a European slot next season with a third-fourth sitting in the top tier. Also, no more using the cups as pre-season friendlies to get players fit/up to speed etc.

No more negativity. We have been s***e for the past 4 years or so. Now let's prove it by floating to the top!

Pre-season tour of somewhere hot with cheap bevy please

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Pre-season tour of somewhere hot with cheap bevy please
    Now you're talking. Berlin again please although I'd fear playing Union again as they're doing great in the Bundesliga.

Bow out gracefully in the cups, consolidate mid table, then push for Europe in the season after.

As said consolidate mid table but a wee cup run would be a welcome bonus. Been a while since we've been in wi a sniff of one of the big cups. Look forward to it...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how sad is it that I'm looking forward to going to Mcdairmid again? Canna mind the last time I missed a match there. So used to being there twice a season for such a long time. Same with Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Depends on how well we invest in the first team. We're a big club, back in the big league and will be paying bigger than most. I'm quietly hoping for a top 6 finish tbh.
    ^^^ This. All about the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how sad is it that I'm looking forward to going to Mcdairmid again? Canna mind the last time I missed a match there. So used to being there twice a season for such a long time. Same with Pittodrie.
    Not sad at all. Canny wait to get back to reality. Forget about this 4 year nightmare.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)