+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Season 20/21 expectations

I’d be content with 10th tbh (I think)

The rebuilding of United has only really got started.

Although Livingston are comfortably top 6 right now, so who knows eh

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Although Livingston are comfortably top 6 right now, so who knows eh
    I noticed that too. Amazing achievement. Got to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I noticed that too. Amazing achievement. Got to acknowledge that.
    Yes, but have you seen their split between home points won and away points won?

Nothing to do with plastic. No definitely not, absolutely no, never, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yes, but have you seen their split between home points won and away points won?

Nothing to do with plastic. No definitely not, absolutely no, never, nothing to see here.
    I'd like to see that too James.
    A grass v plastic league involving Livi, Accies & Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I'd like to see that too James.
    A grass v plastic league involving Livi, Accies & Killie.
    Absolutely.

Plastic pitches are a complete joke. I can understand in the lower leagues due to financial reasons where other sources of income are scarce, but not in the top division. We are a complete laughing stock - like you’d really see such pitches in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga etc.

Grass should be as compulsory as numbers of seats, covered enclosures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Absolutely.

Plastic pitches are a complete joke. I can understand in the lower leagues due to financial reasons where other sources of income are scarce, but not in the top division. We are a complete laughing stock - like you’d really see such pitches in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga etc.

Grass should be as compulsory as numbers of seats, covered enclosures etc.
    Not even in the lower leagues for me. If you are a club playing in a professional league it should be on grass, end of. Why the SPFL can't see the obvious advantage these clubs are getting is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Not even in the lower leagues for me. If you are a club playing in a professional league it should be on grass, end of. Why the SPFL can't see the obvious advantage these clubs are getting is beyond me.
    Thankfully, barring The Mother Of All Disasters, we are finished with this plastic nonsense in this stupid league. Now I want to see Accies finally GTF out of the Premier so there’s one less of that nonsensical surface to deal with next year.

Livingston

27 points from 39 (3rd in home table)

11 points from 45 (7th in away table)

It’s not just football - Djokovic and Federer have significant winning records against Nadal on Indoor, Grass and Hard courts. As soon as you put Nadal on clay though and it’s not even close, it’s ridiculous.

As Terry says above, anyone that says a surface doesn’t have an effect, regardless of the sport, is havering pish.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)