+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City v Barnsley Match Thoughts .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I ain't bothered if he spends his saturday afternoons at Meadowhall Jules just as long as he's not enhancing Hull's chances of staying up .
    Am not sure Hull are our target Animal. Once they get their decent players back they will get the two wins plus draws to get them from 41 pts to 50 pts.
    We need another 16 to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Jordan Williams can play central midfield. Anywhere across the back, he can do. That’s why we paid what we did for him.
    Biggest downer to night will be off Odour is really injured.
    Odour ain't a left back for me he's a wide midfield man .

Got the wrong side of his man tonight and we very nearly conceded in the first half despite the fact we were massively on top .

Talented kid going forward but defensively I ain't so sure Jules .

Trent at Liverpool is the same but the difference is we ain't got Van D ick .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Odour ain't a left back for me he's a wide midfield man .

Got the wrong side of his man tonight and we very nearly conceded in the first half despite the fact we were massively on top .

Talented kid going forward but defensively I ain't so sure Jules .

Trent at Liverpool is the same but the difference is we ain't got Van D ick .
    The games odour missed, we suffered. His position and success on Saturday at going forward says to me he should keep his place.

Previous to my other post £33 is still a rob but at least it was well spent! Never really looked like losing, clear pen not given hit the post had two cleared off of line 2/3 big chances missed could have been a cricket score tonight a class above Hull IMO long May it continue keep up the good work on to Saturday COYR

Acido often visits (in a positive way!) the Roversmad site (Blackburn).
    I thought I'd return the favour.
    22 attempts on goal and another away victory!
    Surely you will survive on this form. In fact, with a few more points in the bag before Christmas, you might well be in the pack chasing the play-offs now!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Surely you will survive on this form. In fact, with a few more points in the bag before Christmas, you might well be in the pack chasing the play-offs now!
    It is a fine line between optimism and delusion.

We will give up gathering points for Lent.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It is a fine line between optimism and delusion.

We will give up gathering points for Lent.
    Just hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Just hope for the best.
    I always hope for the best Ponte.

Tha can't ask fo mooar than winning three on the trot.

All am saying is we have just played the two teams, Hull and Boro, who occupy 23rd and 24th positions in the last six games Form Table and both ev been on shocking runs for weeks.
    I will reserve judgement until after we ev played Reading A, Cardiff H and QPR A. As I said a few days ago if we are still within a point or two after those games I will start to "believe" escape is possible. At present I think we are at a top part of our relegation rollercoaster at a peak in our relegation fight and it creates a false picture of our capabilities and hopes of escaping. A cud be reyt and we slip back to being six/seven points behind, a cud be wrong and we storm up the league.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-02-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I always hope for the best Ponte.

Tha can't ask fo mooar than winning three on the trot.

All am saying is we have just played the two teams, Hull and Boro, who occupy 23rd and 24th positions in the last six games Form Table and both ev been on shocking runs for weeks.
    I will reserve judgement until after we ev played Reading A, Cardiff H and QPR A. As I said a few days ago if we are still within a point or two after those games I will start to "believe" escape is possible. At present I think we are at a top part of our relegation rollercoaster at a peak in our relegation fight and it creates a false picture of our capabilities and hopes of escaping. A cud be reyt and we slip back to being six/seven points behind, a cud be wrong and we storm up the league.
    Now's the time to have the good run because it would take us into mid table. It's hard but we have to almost ignore the fact we've just won three on the bounce.
    Last edited by Ponte_Steve24; 27-02-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Now's the time to have the good run because it would take us into mid table. It's hard but we have to almost ignore the fact we've just won three on the bounce.
    Agreed Ponte.

We need to remember we are still in the relegation zone because, over the last 35 games, we are one of the three worst teams in the league. "The league table doesn't lie" is a harsh but true fact.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast