+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Off!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Haha Elite it looks like you're going to have to explain the difference between what you want to happen and what you think will happen for the 875th time.
    True, it must have been done so many times it might be worth asking Swale to put it as a sticky at the top!

And here you have it... Notts decided not to play the game.

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/news-an-ex...-postponement/

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    And here you have it... Notts decided not to play the game.

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/news-an-ex...-postponement/
    This is the passage that got my attention.

Despite the willingness of all AFC Fylde staff and in particular manager Jim Bentley to play the match, Notts County management were uncomfortable with the conditions and the safety of their players and as such, the decision was made by the match officials to postpone the fixture.

Bit of passing the book going on there I think.

Adrley did say in his 'post match' interview that Cox didn't want to play it.

Fair enough...that puts us 1-1 because Fylde didn't want to play the 1st match

I'd rather play them with a full strength team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

Despite the willingness of all AFC Fylde staff and in particular manager Jim Bentley to play the match, Notts County management were uncomfortable with the conditions and the safety of their players and as such, the decision was made by the match officials to postpone the fixture.

Where does it say that? Maybe Notts complained and they changed the text, because it now says this:

“Despite the willingness of all AFC Fylde staff and in particular manager Jim Bentley to play the match, the match officials were uncomfortable with the conditions and the safety of the players and as such, the decision was made to postpone the fixture.”

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Where does it say that? Maybe Notts complained and they changed the text, because it now says this:

“Despite the willingness of all AFC Fylde staff and in particular manager Jim Bentley to play the match, the match officials were uncomfortable with the conditions and the safety of the players and as such, the decision was made to postpone the fixture.”
    I copied it from the original statement, the link that Grantham posted.

Yeah, that article has defo changed from earlier!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Haha Elite it looks like you're going to have to explain the difference between what you want to happen and what you think will happen for the 875th time.
    I'm fully aware thanks..

It's buck NOT book, Old Stripy

The referee consulted the managers of both teams, Fylde's manager wanted to play, ours didn't. When this situation occurs, if the ref thinks the dissenting club has no genuine reason not to play then obviously there's not a lot he can do but to put it in his report. On this occasion the ref must have thought that in his opinion the ground was maybe unfit for play. He will have written a report anyway, so, if he hasn't given Notts a naff report for their attitude, he must have agreed with Ardley, or at least thought he had a point.

On the other hand, maybe this referee might have thought Fylde hadn't done enough to ensure the pitch was playable and will include that in his report, it wouldn't be the first time a manager has thought a bad pitch would even up the odds - who knows?
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 26-02-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456