+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Off!

Well I set off after 5pm announcement and got there at 7.15pm. A brief spell of sleet near Wigan but other than that it was fine. I go M62 way from where I work. Everything looked hunky dory, flood lights on, etc., then wound the window down to the parking steward who I thought was going to direct me to the parking area and was told the game was called off 10 minutes ago.

Reading this thread it sounds like it wasn't called off due to rain, but the state of the pitch in general. As I reversed the car the team bus passed me going home, so obviously it had been called off earlier, but it sounds like even the stewards were not told of the change.

Decision should have been made at 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    That's twice we ( Acko's bus ) have travelled up now, 2 x £20 out of pocket. In the pub talking to a couple of Fylde fans, and they say it hasn't rained all day??

I urge ALL fans to claim a full refund on match tickets and DO NOT go to the game IF it gets played in the future . Stuff giving them any of my money now.
    Was on the same bus.. The San Miguel went down very well..

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    We've bought our tickets and I fully expect a Notts win on Saturday, pity Ardley doesn't.
    If we had stopped in the football league he would now have been out of a job...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If we had stopped in the football league he would now have been out of a job...
    Well, in our alternative world, if that would have happened on the final day, then I doubt it, as it would have surely been rated the most amazing escapes. If however, he would have saved us with five games to go, I agree, because we had a good squad, and he had time to turn it around. I'm not going down the KN / HK debate, but, at the end of the day, he took a team 3rd bottom, and made it worse by one place.

That one place in a normal season is insignificant, in last season is was historic.

Can’t remember if I posted this before but it’s last seasons league progress posted over this seasons with a manager timeline. Ignore this season, we were 2nd bottom when NA took charge of his first game.
    Name:  180212C8-11B2-4D49-A8A9-D8556F036365.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  27.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Funnily enough, because I'm not particularly confident about Notts at the moment I went online to put a 'doomsday scenario' double on a Fylde and Forest win to try and numb the pain a bit if it happened. When I looked at the odds, I was amazed to see that Fylde were actually favourites to beat us. They are adrift in the relegation places and us in the playoffs, so when I saw Notts at 19/10 to win it looked excellent value so I backed us to win in the end. All I ended up with was my stake money returned.
    You bet against Notts?

Am I wrong in thinking it's the referee who calls games off? Obviously the state of the pitch is the responsibility of the club but it's the ref who says yea or nay after examining it. The club can talk to the ref earlier in the day and tell him they think the surface is unplayable but if, in the referee's opinion, enough hasn't been done to make the pitch playable then he can and should report the club to the FA, or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    You bet against Notts?
    Frequently, but not yesterday.

... if Snobhead 1 had been a spy, say during the 'Cold War', he would have been a double agent. In the end, they have no friends, get shot, or 'disappear' ...

Haha Elite it looks like you're going to have to explain the difference between what you want to happen and what you think will happen for the 875th time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast