+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We had more on target which I’m sure is better than shots
    One of those was Smith’s that was blocked a few yards from leaving his boot and went for a corner.

You’re right about shots on target being better but I never said they wasn’t and I’m not sure who did.

Do you think a draw was a fair result?

A draw would probably been about right on Saturday as well but we found a way. (3 shots each on target)

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    One of those was Smith’s that was blocked a few yards from leaving his boot and went for a corner.

You’re right about shots on target being better but I never said they wasn’t and I’m not sure who did.

Do you think a draw was a fair result?

A draw would probably been about right on Saturday as well but we found a way. (3 shots each on target)
    No you missed the target shots out.

No we were the better side on Saturday
    Last edited by millertop; 26-02-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Marosi made 3 saves iversen only 1 think it was an header first half. So all bar one stat in our favour possession

We would have settled for a point beforehand, on a different day with better conditions we could have won, we could have also lost.
    It's one more point towards promotion.
    Decent side are Coventry, some quality player's unfortunately they shouldn't be allowed to harass the referee it's actually against the rules as is players / Managers brandishing imaginary cards to get opposing players booked.
    We were no more physical than them, they are quite capable of leaving a foot in or fouling from behind.

Good luck to the Sky Blues, hope they finish second, behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    8 shots each, 4 corners each, 50/50 ish possession and both managers saying a draw was the right result sums it up for me.
    We had a goal disallowed which should have stood. Smith was a yard on side. There keeper made 3 good saves. Coventry are no doubt a decent side but they were lucky last night. 2 shots on target all game doesn't scream a deserved draw to me.
    Warne wasn't saying a draw was fair to the players at full time. It's media talk.
    Brecks on follow didn't say a draw was a fair result. O v not bias

The stats show a fairly even game overall. I think that if Marosi hadn't pulled off that great save from Freddie, we would have gone on to win comfortably. That save kept Cov in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We had a goal disallowed which should have stood. Smith was a yard on side. There keeper made 3 good saves. Coventry are no doubt a decent side but they were lucky last night. 2 shots on target all game doesn't scream a deserved draw to me.
    Warne wasn't saying a draw was fair to the players at full time. It's media talk.
    Brecks on follow didn't say a draw was a fair result. O v not bias
    I agree with this. I think we dominated first half, they came out quickly in second and we seemed to sleepwalk out. Cue their equaliser. Then I think we got back into it and edged it for majority of second half, with a perfectly reasonable goal ruled out. Their keeper made a couple of decent saves Then it typical fashion we seemed to go into "camp in our own half" for last 15 minutes and give us all high blood pressure.

So for me, we deserved the three points, a draw was the absolute best they could have hoped for.

Still, two very tricky away fixtures back to back and coming away with 4 points, certainly not complaining and a great effort by us to boss a very good and in form Coventry team.

Youtube highlights are always difficult to judge a game by as they are limited to 2 minutes and every goal+celebration takes up almost 30s. One thing is for sure, we were very lucky to get away with that last minute header they missed. It was as if their player was the invisible man as he was wandering about our 6 yard box without anybody taking any notice of him when the corner was being taken.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345