+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leighfield

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Exactly Spike. ALBERTZ wanting someone dropped who he’s never seen play before for a young keeper who came back pre season not 100% fit or focussed and who’s struggled with small injuries since. Good that he’s never ready for the challenge if called upon.
    Well I will see what Stewart is like today.
    I hope Leighfield is Ever Ready for the Challenge...and not Never Ready as he is the back up keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Well I will see what Stewart is like today.
    I hope Leighfield is Ever Ready for the Challenge...and not Never Ready as he is the back up keeper.
    Well after travelling down after finishing work at 1245 from Ochiltree that must have been one of the worst performances I've witnessed at Palmerston.
    I have seen Queens draw 2-2 at Alloa and win 2-1 at Ayr before my first visit to Palmerston this season and I probably wont be back until Queens are no doubt in the Seaside League One when visiting places like Dumbarton, Montrose, Forfar, Airdrie, Falkirk, Clyde and Peterhead next season.
    If Leighfield isn't handed the Number 1 jersey for the remainder of the season and Stewart plays again it will be an utter disaster. Stewart appeared to dive away from the ball for two of today's goals.
    The whole team looked totally disjointed and abject.

Leighfield is definitely not the answer. He's no where near ready at this level.

Could we not just terminate Stewarts loan spell and bring in another keeper? I know it's not good for relations but we've been sold a dud

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Leighfield is definitely not the answer. He's no where near ready at this level.

Could we not just terminate Stewarts loan spell and bring in another keeper? I know it's not good for relations but we've been sold a dud
    Why is Leighfield not getting a chance? Jack was fine when in the team for Martin a few seasons back.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Why is Leighfield not getting a chance? Jack was fine when in the team for Martin a few seasons back.
    Possibly lost all confidence after his nightmare game when the Bully Wee beat us earlier in the season !

Well I may be in the minority here, but, having watched all Stewart's appearances at Palmerston since he signed I am of the opinion that he has done okay and I certainly can't see him being in any way responsible for the recent malaise in team performances and results.
    He looks a steady keeper to me who has helped keep the last few results from being even more embarrassing.
    Having seen them both often enough to compare I believe he is a better option than Leighfield.

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    Well I may be in the minority here, but, having watched all Stewart's appearances at Palmerston since he signed I am of the opinion that he has done okay and I certainly can't see him being in any way responsible for the recent malaise in team performances and results.
    He looks a steady keeper to me who has helped keep the last few results from being even more embarrassing.
    Having seen them both often enough to compare I believe he is a better option than Leighfield.
    I still disagree, especially after some of Stewart's decision making yesterday and although Leighfield had a poor game vs. Clyde back in July I would still give him the Number 1 jersey.

Losing McCrorie has been a disaster. Neither Leighfield or Stewart are anywhere near his quality sadly. Of course you can only piss with the cock you have and sadly without a sharp upturn in form we will "limp" towards relegation. Depressing times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Losing McCrorie has been a disaster. Neither Leighfield or Stewart are anywhere near his quality sadly. Of course you can only piss with the cock you have and sadly without a sharp upturn in form we will "limp" towards relegation. Depressing times.
    Sadly neither of those keepers are anywhere near McCrorie's class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)