+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lib Dems dirty laundry, there seems to be piles of it...

Lightbulb Lib Dems dirty laundry, there seems to be piles of it...

Better get the washing machine out methinks...

Attachment 15068

From an excerpt in the press this morning, discussing the rather lackadaisical approach to child abuse and criminality in the Liberal Democrats. "Steel had read that Smith had abused his position of power to access Cambridge House boys’ hostel. It was here he had administered ‘inspections’ where he cupped boys' testicles and dished out punishments in the form of smacking their naked bottoms. When questioned by his leader, Smith simply said the report was ‘correct’, but that although police had investigated him they had taken no further action."

WTF?

A mate of mine read this thread title early doors and 'phoned me to say I was being "unfair" because at the time Smith was fiddling with vulnerable boys he was an Independent Councillor in Rochdale.

For the avoidance of doubt: "Smith’s activities at Cambridge House hostel in the 1960s were not isolated incidents. The inquiry heard that in the 1980s - when he was a Liberal MP - Smith went on to rape and assault boys at Knowle residential home, an institution where he was governor and had keys to all the rooms."

I'm more than happy to announce Cyril Smith was not Jewish, but he certainly was a very despicable human being. Talking about very despicable human beings, whatever happened to Jeremy Thorpe?

Agree. He was the lowest of the low.

I used to be good friends with one of his victims of the 60's.

It seems incredible but child abuse was not taken seriously until a few years ago.

People in the church, in authority or with some kind of power or status were allowed to get away with it for donkeys years.

Nothing whatsoever about you Councillor, but OMG! the Lib Dems really are a motley crew (with the odd exceptions!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nothing whatsoever about you Councillor, but OMG! the Lib Dems really are a motley crew (with the odd exceptions!)
    Bloody hell BT!

I could take about 20 minutes and compile a list of bad 'uns over the last 60 years and only scratch the surface. And I will guarantee that the vast majority would be Labour and Tory MP's. But I will not defend any Libs or Lib Dems who have been proved to have done bad stuff.

Nothing immediately jumps out of my head regarding "kiddy fiddling" from within the Labour Party ranks 1959_60?

I'm sure the right wing media would be all over it (historic or otherwise!) like a skin rash if there was an ounce of truth in any such allegations.

Hows about Lord Greville Janner BT?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-hearing-told

Probably because he was Jewish the media have not kicked up a sh-it storm in case the Hodge Alliance jump out from under a rock and scream anti-Semitism?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Talking about very despicable human beings, whatever happened to Jeremy Thorpe?
    I know what didn't happen to him BT, he didn't have to serve time at Her Majesty's Pleasure as he should have done, the Establishment got him off the hook as well. And what about Paddy Pantsdown, expenses cheat David Laws and didn't Tim Farron have some sort of problem with gays, or was it spaniels ?

And some people get all precious about good old Boris and his trouser snake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)