+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Morton Saturday 29th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    If we do set up to attack ( surely to hell we must) then Johnson will have to make a decision on what one to bench in Devine, Semple and Kilday . We can't have three centre backs playing and say we are going for it.
    Devine struggled badly last week against Dundee before being hooked so suspect that he will be warming the bench. I prefer 442 as the wingback did not get forward enough last time out but this formation may depend upon the availability of Murray and others.

Can you remember last season when we were in a similar dire situation against Morton Naysmith put on 7 defenders on a midweek away match and subsequently lost.

My guess would be AJ starts defensive, tries to contain them in the first half then if all goes well switch to more attacking in the 2nd when they in theory tire.

Referee...Euan Anderson

AR1...Gary Hilland

AR2...Michael Addy

Did no one see my match thread further down?

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Can you remember last season when we were in a similar dire situation against Morton Naysmith put on 7 defenders on a midweek away match and subsequently lost.

My guess would be AJ starts defensive, tries to contain them in the first half then if all goes well switch to more attacking in the 2nd when they in theory tire.
    I wonder if AJ will get a hard time at tonight’s AGM ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Probably not..... Sure he will give usual "need to tighten up at the back & take our chances nothing between the teams,we are losing games we should be winning."

Rarely ever gets spicy from going in the past.

Guessing a question that might be asked is why he's not been playing and starting with Semple and Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Rarely ever gets spicy from going in the past.

Guessing a question that might be asked is why he's not been playing and starting with Semple and Hamilton.
    Sure he will be expecting that question and will have an excuse already prepared...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Will be very surprised if he does the AGM is usually a damp squib tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    All I ask is for full commitment from all the players selected along with a clear attack minded strategy from the management team.
    Really need three points against the in - form Morton as we then have THREE AWAY games in a week - Tuesday Partick, Saturday Dunfermline and Tuesday Inverness - on current form cannot see many points being picked up at these venues tbh but we live in hope - come on Queens !

Now is the time for the talking to stop and the hard work to begin.

Sadly, Queens are not the fittest team, (sorry the most least fit team in the league,) - and that may haunt them, - particularly this 4 game spell.

Best course of action is to take their early chances and make them count, and play subs early to spare people like Dobbie.

We simply cannot afford to keep playing the maestro for 90 minutes, - if we do, his hamstring will play up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)