+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I knew she was black even before I saw the footage...

I knew she was black even before I saw the footage...

Racism is alive and well in Trump's Good Old USA!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Is it just me, or are the Yanks totally bonkers?

They always have been BT.

Not a place I could consider living in - for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    They always have been BT.

Not a place I could consider living in - for many reasons.
    I lived in California for 3/4 years in 1983. It was totally phucking marvellous. I never really understood why I came back. I had a green card, medical insurance, a proper sassy girlfriend - the lot!

Life chucks you these curve balls and sometimes you just need to knock them out of the park.

I've spent just a total of 8 weeks there on holiday, and I love the place and the people, at least those I've met anyway. I've also met numerous yanks on holiday all over Europe and on cruises, and while they can seem a bit brash at first, almost invariably when I've got talking to them they've turned out to be likeable, warm people. We did consider living in Florida once, we'd looked at a few properties, but the travel time back to UK and the inevitabilty of really extreme weather made us decide against it. I sometimes think we should have done it, but the risk of seeing our house disappear into the sky in tornado season was too big a worry.

And of course they're not in thrall to the virtue-signalling, half-witted, liberal bedwetters that pass for Democrat politicians these days. Or at least half of them aren't, they have the good sense to keep them out of office.

Quite a lot of the descendants from slaves still have it rough sinkov. Inner city Detroit, New York, Washington and LA are pretty awful places to reside in.

From an affluent white male's perspective, it really does not get a whole lot better.

Next time I come to watch Clitheroe, remind me to tell you the tale about Watts and Crompton?

nothing on what caused the kid to throw a hissy - perhaps didn't like the indoctrination (control) techniques - belief/moral manipulations etc....dont know - anyway, seems like the cop got the bigger boot - for "breaching protocol" - though why this was connected to "racism" - confuses me ?

How the US stole thousands of Native American children

For decades, the US took thousands of Native American children and enrolled them in off-reservation boarding schools. Students were systematically stripped of their languages, customs, and culture. And even though there were accounts of neglect, abuse, and death at these schools, they became a blueprint for how the US government could forcibly assimilate native people into white America.

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/14/20913...rican-children

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Quite a lot of the descendants from slaves still have it rough sinkov. Inner city Detroit, New York, Washington and LA are pretty awful places to reside in.

From an affluent white male's perspective, it really does not get a whole lot better.

Next time I come to watch Clitheroe, remind me to tell you the tale about Watts and Crompton?
    Quite a lot of people have it rough in the USA BT, as they do in every country in the world, no matter who they're descended from. The USA is not a bad place to be an affluent black male either, and there are plenty of them, one even became President.

And while you're in Clitheroe I'll tell you about the black African slaves T.E. Lawrence found in Arabia, sold into slavery by their black African Muslim parents whilst on pilgrimages to Mecca, he was quite shocked by it, as he would be, but they appeared to him to be quite well treated by their Arab owners, which I suppose might have been of some comfort to them..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

And while you're in Clitheroe I'll tell you about the black African slaves T.E. Lawrence found in Arabia, sold into slavery by their black African Muslim parents whilst on pilgrimages to Mecca, he was quite shocked by it, as he would be,
    thats right - Sinkov - as the tribal chiefs - would wage war on their neighbours - then sell/trade their "prisoners" to the europeans for weapons etc - more power - more captured - more traded - more slaves.

African chiefs urged to apologise for slave trade

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...se-slave-trade

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)