+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heard an interestin thing last week

heard an interestin thing last week

was at a retreat recovering from my latest op when i got talking to a well known ex player from the toon

he told me about 3 years ago some old players and a musician talked about buying out the toon there wwre 3 players involved ( he wouldnt mention them )

apparently they were going to put gigs on in the summer for large "stadium bands"

he said it was serious but didnt know why it hadnt happened

i always wonder why like salford we havet had some old players or the likes of sting etc buy the club

😂

Maybe because buying and running Salford is peanuts in comparison...

A top flight pro gets a lot of money...but they also spend accordingly...most will come out of their careers comfortable but not the billionaires needed to own a football club....add to that the fact most of them have no experience or idea of business and..

it's not at all confusing....

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    was at a retreat recovering from my latest op when i got talking to a well known ex player from the toon

he told me about 3 years ago some old players and a musician talked about buying out the toon there wwre 3 players involved ( he wouldnt mention them )

apparently they were going to put gigs on in the summer for large "stadium bands"

he said it was serious but didnt know why it hadnt happened

i always wonder why like salford we havet had some old players or the likes of sting etc buy the club
    apparently in the 80's they tried to get Brian Johnson ( AC DC ) to join the board - he is still a toon fan -- apparently

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    ��

Maybe because buying and running Salford is peanuts in comparison...

A top flight pro gets a lot of money...but they also spend accordingly...most will come out of their careers comfortable but not the billionaires needed to own a football club....add to that the fact most of them have no experience or idea of business and..

it's not at all confusing....
    im sure they wouldnt run it persey however like the investors circling at the moment they would be no different

i appreciate 300 -400 mill is a lot to stump up but like the investors they wouldnt actually use their own money im guessing

or maybe the reason it didnt happen was because it was out their depth

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    apparently in the 80's they tried to get Brian Johnson ( AC DC ) to join the board - he is still a toon fan -- apparently
    i went fishing with robson green many years sgo when he was filming at my dads trout lakes and he was toon mad

sting and many others are toon fans from the musical side im told

im sure they wouldnt run it persey however like the investors circling at the moment they would be no different

i appreciate 300 -400 mill is a lot to stump up but like the investors they wouldnt actually use their own money im guessing

or maybe the reason it didnt happen was because it was out their depth
    There are lots of reasons it hasn't happened...Shearer is worth around 50m, so it would take 7 of him to put all their money in just to buy the club...

Most importantly...just because you could possibly buy something that will stretch all your resources even if you would love to.....doesn't mean you will, in fact most people turn away from this kind of risk...especially succesful people. ..

i dont think you understand
    you dont use your money

you loan against your money

my house is worth 1.2 mill but i couldnt buy it outright
    i needed a mortgage

i recently brought some land to develop

i dont use my money (only to buy the land )
    i get in an investor use their money and keep what left over at the end

just like stavely etc will do

and i would say the most succesful people are those that take the bigger risks

i dont think you understand
    you dont use your money

you loan against your money

my house is worth 1.2 mill but i couldnt buy it outright
    i needed a mortgage

i recently brought some land to develop

i dont use my money (only to buy the land )
    i get in an investor use their money and keep what left over at the end

just like stavely etc will do

and i would say the most succesful people are those that take the bigger risks

I absolutely understand...it seems you don't. ..taking out a loan is brilliant...for such a big loan you have to be capable and willing to back the amount if things go wrong though...

Let's use your figures from past posts...I believe you thought it would take 1 billion to make the club succesful(if this number is wrong I apologise but it works for the example)...no one who has 50m is going to risk everything for a loan 20x their whole worth...they are rich and happy...not football owner rich...

😂

No...there are some amazing stories where people made something of themselves by taking big risks...and obviously big risks come with big prizes...

But most of the time money makes more money sensibly....

I cant understand how it will cost 1 billion to make Newcastle successful if in the words of Ashley apologists the club is currently well run.

Nobody has bought the club because it is not for sale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)