+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Day Out At Cuckmere Haven

A Day Out At Cuckmere Haven

our favourite place on the Sus*** Coast. Sun was out as we walked from the car along the river via the double ox bow and lake to where it meets the sea. Sat on the beach out of the wind with a cup of coffee and a slice of cake,watched the river flow into the sea whilst a read a couple of chapters on my kindle. Went to the Tiger at East Dean for a pint and a ploughmans. Simple pleasures.

Sounds/reads superb. Reading your post made me feel as though I were there whilst wishing that I was. Great stuff and thank you.

Similar weather today so the same sort of day out. May vary it with tea instead of coffee, choclate instead of lemon drizzle and The Smugglers at Alfriston instead of The Tiger. Perhaps a stilton rather than a cheddar ploughmans but they be pushing it too far. Watching the outflowing river do battle with the incoming waves was fascinating. My wife has done a great job in educating me in appreciating these natural wonders.

Certainly beats watching Homes Under The Hammer. Perhaps if they combined it with the ITV morning show and we had 'Eamon Holmes Under The Hammer' I might be tempted to watch.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)