+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well done David Beckham.....

All of this starry eyed hero worship stuff is very touching but just to point out that Inter Miami is owned by Miami-based Bolivian businessman Marcelo Claure while Masayoshi Son and brothers Jorge and Jose Mas were added to the ownership group in 2017.

Beckham is the President of the club.

So well done to the money men backing the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    All of this starry eyed hero worship stuff is very touching but just to point out that Inter Miami is owned by Miami-based Bolivian businessman Marcelo Claure while Masayoshi Son and brothers Jorge and Jose Mas were added to the ownership group in 2017.

Beckham is the President of the club.

So well done to the money men backing the club.
    South Americans have always flourished in Miami.

It’s hardly something to sniff at.

..... and that's snow joke.

Apparently David's nickname is Beckscobar

It's starting to dawn on me what people mean. I never watched Miami Vice as I thought it was a woodworking programme

I absolutely love Miami and will be supporting Inter. Having spent countless weekends over the last 4 years visiting our daughter at Uni there I can honestly say it’s one of our favourite places ever. The Latino/Cuban vibe is fantastic and Brickell and Coral Gables are wonderful places to eat and drink. Miami’s a melting pot but proves that it can work and be a good thing. If anyone fancies a trip I can give some very good advice on places to stay and visit.

My gripe is him nicking the name 'Inter' from a more illustrious club just to make them sound good. We (a group of Millers fans who went to every away game in a mini van) founded 'Inter Masborough' in 1968 and Beckham is obviously copying us, to his shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    My gripe is him nicking the name 'Inter' from a more illustrious club just to make them sound good. We (a group of Millers fans who went to every away game in a mini van) founded 'Inter Masborough' in 1968 and Beckham is obviously copying us, to his shame.
    Doesn’t always work though. The local RSPCA canine rescue centre would hit difficulties if it became known as Inter Dogging

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    I played for a 5 a side team in the 90s called Inter Minan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234