+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea(home)predictions

Rovers 3 - Swansea 2

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Not sure I can understand why fans of a club who have never played in the Prem expect them to go up. Like us and the vast majority, they are just a midtable club. Who have only ever been in the play offs once in the Champ. So no real experience. I'd put them as higher midtable and they have a decent ground and due to the massive size of the city, and no other clubs around at all (other than Gas), they can call on 20 odd thousand when they are doing well. And they have spent a bit aswell. This is just one season they are flirting with the play offs. I do dislike that little **** Johnson so I'm not bothered what happens to him.
    Most clubs fans are the same.
    I can tell from all my cousin's emails over the season that they genuinely did think this was "their year". They are now seriously p*ssed off!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I can tell from all my cousin's emails over the season that they genuinely did think this was "their year". They are now seriously p*ssed off!
    When will we all learn
    15 sets of fans are thinking the same thing every new season. Tony keeps saying it at the moment. You aren't half as good as you think you are when you are winning. Or anything like as bad when you are losing. And I'm as guilty as anyone ignoring that during certain times.... Season after season.
    I'm cool with whatever happens from here for the rest of this season. We have some cracking home games vrs Bristol City, Leeds, WBA ....tomorrow should be decent. I think we have done really well to be still up here, and it's all great experience for a set of young lads forced into playing due to circumstances. Looking at these 2 games before Wed night I always thought 4 points would be a decent haul. Hopefully we get that win and stay in this. I do think PNE & Brentford are catchable. It's whether or not we can keep getting wins & draws. There are sides just underneath us who will certainly feel they have a very good chance aswell.

Champs, the BBC version of the table (showing the last five results) makes interesting reading.
    The top two seem to have come through their poor spells, and are probably on track for automatic promotion.
    Below that, however, all the challengers have faltered to one degree or another. You have to go down to Birmingham in 14th place before you find a team that has gone five unbeaten, and even they have only drawn their last three games.
    Barnsley are joint-second behind WBA in the "form"-table!
    As for expectations, I think it would probably be better to go Win One/Draw One/Lose One right through the season. That would actually give us 3 or 4 points fewer than we have at the moment, but at least it would avoid the "false dawns" of good runs and forecasts of "downward spirals" during bad ones!

Champs, the BBC version of the table (showing the last five results) makes interesting reading.
    The top two seem to have come through their poor spells, and are probably on track for automatic promotion.
    Below that, however, all the challengers have faltered to one degree or another. You have to go down to Birmingham in 14th place before you find a team that has gone five unbeaten, and even they have only drawn their last three games.
    Barnsley are joint-second behind WBA in the "form"-table!
    As for expectations, I think it would probably be better to go Win One/Draw One/Lose One right through the season. That would actually give us 3 or 4 points fewer than we have at the moment, but at least it would avoid the "false dawns" of good runs and forecasts of "downward spirals" during bad ones!
    I agree with all of that. 100%. If we win our next 2 games I will start to get carried away, especially if other results go our way. Despite all I say, and all I know.
    As you say, all the teams around us, in front and behind, all do the same thing. Win a few put a little run together, then faulter. Then another side does it. Then faulters. And so on. Apart from those top 2. If you have a sticky patch, have it in Dec/Jan. Sides at the bottom will all believe they can get points, every round of matches. As they are all nos starting to pick up points. Some will get almost as many points in this last part of the season, than they have all season long! Which is why I was surprised at Stoke's attitude the other night. They are really deep in a battle down there. Rather them than us.

We are still in this but boy oh boy are we making hard work of it.
    On today's showing I think Graham and Bennett wont be at the club next season.
    I worry for our defence with Bennett at the back,he isn't a right back at all and Graham just looks very lacklustre.
    That penalty should of been Armstrong's to take really,considering the form he is in.
    We take the point and hope Preston and Bristol city slip up some more.

I can't help feel it's just out of reach..

In my opinion, we were unconvincing again today, missing too many players with lenihans suspension.

Not enough sleep again. Found it hard to drift off after returning to bed. But there you go.
    Come on, lads, that was a really enjoyable game. Obviously, the result is a disappointment, but a draw was the least we deserved. Lots of chances created, and some decent football. In addition, we should have been playing against ten for about 80 minutes.
    You just have to accept that there's a strong element of luck involved where results in this Championship are concerned, because - in terms of ability - there's very little between most of the teams. Look at today's scores for confirmation. Wigan beating WBA away?
    And think about the moaning if we had suffered the kind of decline Sheffield Wednesday fans have had to put up with! Earlier this season, it was, "Why can't we be like Preston?" - and they've now lost three of their last five.
    We're five unbeaten and still in it - despite having a whole block of our best players missing. I'm looking forward to the last ten games, because anything can happen.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 29-02-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Champs - your prediction really should have been correct!

Not enough sleep again. Found it hard to drift off after returning to bed. But there you go.
    Come on, lads, that was a really enjoyable game. Obviously, the result is a disappointment, but a draw was the least we deserved. Lots of chances created, and some decent football. In addition, we should have been playing against ten for about 80 minutes.
    You just have to accept that there's a strong element of luck involved where results in this Championship are concerned, because - in terms of ability - there's very little between most of the teams. Look at today's scores for confirmation. Wigan beating WBA away?
    And think about the moaning if we had suffered the kind of decline Sheffield Wednesday fans have had to put up with! Earlier this season, it was, "Why can't we be like Preston?" - and they've now lost three of their last five.
    We're five unbeaten and still in it - despite having a whole block of our best players missing. I'm looking forward to the last ten games, because anything can happen.
    I sat at ewood and really concentrated on what I was seeing, and sorry, it was unconvincing.. no flow to our play.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)