Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
Champs, the BBC version of the table (showing the last five results) makes interesting reading.
The top two seem to have come through their poor spells, and are probably on track for automatic promotion.
Below that, however, all the challengers have faltered to one degree or another. You have to go down to Birmingham in 14th place before you find a team that has gone five unbeaten, and even they have only drawn their last three games.
Barnsley are joint-second behind WBA in the "form"-table!
As for expectations, I think it would probably be better to go Win One/Draw One/Lose One right through the season. That would actually give us 3 or 4 points fewer than we have at the moment, but at least it would avoid the "false dawns" of good runs and forecasts of "downward spirals" during bad ones!
I agree with all of that. 100%. If we win our next 2 games I will start to get carried away, especially if other results go our way. Despite all I say, and all I know.
As you say, all the teams around us, in front and behind, all do the same thing. Win a few put a little run together, then faulter. Then another side does it. Then faulters. And so on. Apart from those top 2. If you have a sticky patch, have it in Dec/Jan. Sides at the bottom will all believe they can get points, every round of matches. As they are all nos starting to pick up points. Some will get almost as many points in this last part of the season, than they have all season long! Which is why I was surprised at Stoke's attitude the other night. They are really deep in a battle down there. Rather them than us.