+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket allocation for Sunderland @ Home

Ticket allocation for Sunderland @ Home

IF this ends up as a title or promotion decider should RUFC allocate the usual 2600 tickets to away supporters or just the 10% of capacity (more could be released dependant on home supporters demand)

Either way they'll probably bring thousands more down on the day !

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    IF this ends up as a title or promotion decider should RUFC allocate the usual 2600 tickets to away supporters or just the 10% of capacity (more could be released dependant on home supporters demand)

Or none if the doomsday scenario for Corona kicks in and it becomes a behind closed doors game.

I’ve got a couple of spare season tickets in the west stand. Might sell them to a couple of mackems.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post

Bramley, IF the scenario was to pan out like you say , then why would we as a club want to give more than 10% of the capacity to Sunderland? I'm sure our woodworm fans who haven't seen us all season will want to come to this game

As for their travelling support, it is immense and the best in the league by far. They travel in their absolute thousands even when they don't have tickets, just for a day out. SYP better have plenty in reserve that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or none if the doomsday scenario for Corona kicks in and it becomes a behind closed doors game.
    So that's the doomsday scenario now? I thought it was abandoning the season with 10 games to go?

I wouldn't be surprised if Tone gives them nearly the whole end. Certainly a lot more than 1200.
    We didn't even sell out for the Scunny play off Semi final so I can't see him putting his faith in the lethargic public of Rotherham.
    Even though we've been top of the league for a while now and playing attractive footy our home crowds haven't really improved much.
    Having to resort to kids for a quid vs mkd speaks volumes

Give them away whole away end. What else we going to do wait for last minute that's an if to sell extra tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    So that's the doomsday scenario now? I thought it was abandoning the season with 10 games to go?
    The "Un-doomsday" scenario would be for the EFL to abandon the season now, to be on the safe side, and award us the title
    That proposal would have lot of support...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 27-02-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The "Un-doomsday" scenario would be for the EFL to abandon the season now, to be on the safe side, and award us the title
    That proposal would have lot of support...
    That's about as likely as Grist posting a video of himself with a tickling stick singing Ken Dodd's "Happiness"

I think that’s a reasonable thing to do. Better be safe than sorry. Disappointing for the other teams I know but, they’ve have had 33 games to do something. 😜

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast