+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Fleetwood Mac

OT Fleetwood Mac

Anyone under 50 who thinks Fleetwood Mac was all about "Rumours", no need to read on

Has anyone seen any of the video footage of the Peter Green tribute concert from Tuesday on line? Made me wonder why I went to QPR instead of it!

Amazing line up of rock legends performing. Hopefully an official video will follow but the phone filmed stuff gives you a good idea. Dave Gilmour's solo version of "Oh Well Part 2" could have come straight off "Wish you were Here" and, I understand, Kirk Hammett played "Green Manalishi" on the self same guitar that it was composed on. Only slight disappointment was Neil Finn's version of "Man of the World" which seemed to lack the angst of the original. Oh yes, and the pointless apeearance of that woman just because she married the bass player

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Anyone under 50 who thinks Fleetwood Mac was all about "Rumours", no need to read on

Has anyone seen any of the video footage of the Peter Green tribute concert from Tuesday on line? Made me wonder why I went to QPR instead of it!

Amazing line up of rock legends performing. Hopefully an official video will follow but the phone filmed stuff gives you a good idea. Dave Gilmour's solo version of "Oh Well Part 2" could have come straight off "Wish you were Here" and, I understand, Kirk Hammett played "Green Manalishi" on the self same guitar that it was composed on. Only slight disappointment was Neil Finn's version of "Man of the World" which seemed to lack the angst of the original. Oh yes, and the pointless apeearance of that woman just because she married the bass player
    Fine album ‘Rumours’ which, having just checked, I find I only have on vinyl. Agree about Peter Green though...I have a - I suspect ‘cheapo’ - CD called ‘The Best of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac’. Released in 2002 it’s excellent and probably still available...Albatross, Black Magic Woman, Green Manalishi, Man of the World, Oh Well et al...

Despite being better known to you guys as a "Soul Man", I actually appreciate more than just KTF music. I have seen, and liked, both incarnations of FM. The more Bluesy Peter Green version and the more "poppy" version most folk will know. I saw the current version twice in the past few years here in the Dam and damned good nights they were too. It's a shame they don't perform any of the PG FM numbers anymore, much in the way Paul Weller no longer does any Jam or Style Council numbers these days.

P.S. ‘Anyone under 50’ is possibly wondering what we’re on about, GP. Just had the unpleasant realisation that ‘Rumours’ was released forty three years ago.

Indeed, but to be fair its been even longer since Derby last won anything worthwhile, so we are used to long memories on here

If Kirk Hammett was butchering a piece then you were probably better off at QPR!

There have been more than two versions of The Mac, and this is the most obscure. Answers on a postcard who these fellahs are and no a quick wiki search will get you nowhere Name:  stretch.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  28.1 KB

Bloody hell...the wanderer returns. Not before time! All going to hell in a handcart.
    Many more than two versions...do I see Danny Kirwan and Peter Green?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-02-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Bloody hell...the wanderer returns. Not before time! All going to hell in a handcart.
    Many more than two versions...do I see Danny Kirwan and Peter Green?
    Sorry, I got distracted by my obsession with hacking Rattea's account, which I only recently achieved

Seriously,there's been some goings on going on which have kept me away, back now though despite the goings on still going on.

No you don't see those fellahs, this is a story from the lowest ebb of FM, you do see an ex member of Curved Air there though which is why I am well acquainted with the story

That would be Kirby Gregory then, who was part of the band put together by FM tour manager to fulfill American tour commitments when Peter Green left and Jeremy Spencer found God. Elmer Gantry I believe... Paul Martinez???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)