+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Espanyol Match Thread 2

66' and both Vargas and Galleri receive a yellow. The game has developed a nasty edge and a red card wouldn't surprise....but for whom????

77' ...and Jordao on for Traore.

79' and Podence crosses the ball for the Doc to knock it in...2-2 (2-6).

90' and Calleri heads the ball in well to give Espanyol a 3-2 lead. Only three minutes before, Neto was clear. All he had to do was put it into an empty net from about 12 yards out...instead he sent it horribly wide. Such are the fortunes of war and football.

FT...Espanyol 3- Wolves 2 (3-6 on aggregate) . Am now off back to my bed so Goodnight All !!!
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 27-02-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Woodie, for what it's worth, mate, I shall try and make a comment or two, although it won't be as informative as your own worthy efforts each match day. I shall be able to watch the game here in Oz, but unfortunately my T.V. is in the other room which makes it difficult. We go to Spain with a very handsome lead, but I imagine Espanyol will try not to make it too easy for us. There have been occasions this season when we seem to take too long to settle into a game and our movement and passing, early on, can sometimes appear too casual. (IMO, the first 15 or so minutes of the Norwich game was a prime example of that). I just hope we don't do the same thing this evening.
    While I think we will win comfortably, I'd rather we don't make any embarrassing errors along the way........GYMW !!!
    Well done Grizz, you did a great job mate. I would never call my comments informative, I'm usually just moaning about something!

Anyway on to the next round, here's hoping we get a big name challenge, Roma would be good, real European nights atmosphere.

Sleep tight Grizz, yowm probably worn out!

These teams have advanced so far:
    Wolves
    Basel
    Roma
    Bayern Leverkusen
    Basaksehir
    LASK
    Wolfsburg

No more easy matchups here! If Copenhagen beat Celtic, we might end up in a matchup with our short lived manager Stale Solbakken!

Other teams advancing:
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Copenhagen
    Getafe
    Inter Milan
    Manchester United
    Sevilla

Arsenal and Olympiacos are in extra time in the only match left to be decided.

Looking at this list, I’d hope to avoid any teams from England, Spain, Italy and Germany. Draw will be tomorrow with matches played March 12 & 19

Olympiacos beats Arsenal yo advance

Where is the final held?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Where is the final held?
    Gdańsk, Poland... are you feeling the tug as well?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)