+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exeter

Exeter

Just had a look at next Tuesday. Hadn't realised that all top four playing on Tuesday and we're the only ones playing away. So obviously cannot afford to lose. However, Exeter we're pretty good when they came here. What's more more, losing would mean zero away points against our rivals. Looking at the remaining fixtures and one could conclude that Swindon have the 'easiest' run in and we have one of the hardest (perhaps this should be another topic. Anyone like to start it ?)
    Anyway, really can't see us getting anything from this game. 0-2.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Just had a look at next Tuesday. Hadn't realised that all top four playing on Tuesday and we're the only ones playing away. So obviously cannot afford to lose. However, Exeter we're pretty good when they came here. What's more more, losing would mean zero away points against our rivals. Looking at the remaining fixtures and one could conclude that Swindon have the 'easiest' run in and we have one of the hardest (perhaps this should be another topic. Anyone like to start it ?)
    Anyway, really can't see us getting anything from this game. 0-2.
    Ever the negative Gazan, we are a good team and we were unlucky against Plymouth, now that was a tough test and we matched them and I see no reason why we cannot do the same at Exeter with a different result. You may not fancy facing Exeter but, they will will not fancy facing us, can't see Exeter getting anything from this game 3-1 Crewe.

I'm not negative. I'm just a natural pessimist🙁

When Exeter came to Gresty Road, I though they we certainly a very decent side, lots of movement passing and created a lot of chances. Granted the early goal we conceded didn't help leaving us on the back foot for most of the first half and took the pressure off them.

They also had two standout players in Law and Sparkes pulling the strings. After the Plymouth game I hope we can get three points from this one, however if you offered me a draw I would certainly take it. At the end of the day this is another do not lose game for me.

At this point this is a massive game. So important to get a good win to keep our promotion hope alive.

1-1 full time, happy with a point. It sounded like they were all over us towards the end. Now we just need to ensure that we win the next two games against Stevenage and Mansfield.

Always happy with an away point