+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Now 70's music ch sky

O/T Now 70's music ch sky

Ernie Benny Hill don't write them like this anymore " Now Ernie loved a widow a lady known as Sue. She lived all alone on Linley lane at number twenty two. They said she was too good for him but Ernie got his cocoa there three times a week. She said she'd like to bathe in milk. He said you want it pasturised coz pasturised is the best. She said Ernie I'll be happy if it comes up to my chest. That tickled old Ernie "

Where's he escaped from ?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Ernie Benny Hill don't write them like this anymore " Now Ernie loved a widow a lady known as Sue. She lived all alone on Linley lane at number twenty two. They said she was too good for him but Ernie got his cocoa there three times a week. She said she'd like to bathe in milk. He said you want it pasturised coz pasturised is the best. She said Ernie I'll be happy if it comes up to my chest. That tickled old Ernie "
    You are becoming a liability to the Russian Government comrade. It is senseless to draw attention to yourself by quoting the famous conductor Igor Musicchsky

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Where's he escaped from ?
    B.anter!

Prefer Now 80s myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    You're right, he certainly doesn't write them like this anymore...

...in fact, he hasn't for the nearly thirty years now since his death in 1992. He also wrote them with many different words from the ones you've quoted and without your omissions which kind of ruin the point you were trying to make.

Having said that, I agree; "Ernie" is cleverly constructed and witty.