+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF we had not signed LOA how would our league look today?.

IF we had not signed LOA how would our league look today?.

This is a question for king of the stats Shedka but feel free to wade in.If we had not signed Shankland but say got someone like Danny Johnston that the DEES signed from Motherwell do you think we would be on the brink of winning the league?.
    I know i have already put up a thread about our future Hall of Famer but its worth reiterating how important this Scottish Internationalist is not just to the present but to the very future of our club.When we signed him i came on here and said it was a game changer and i think it was TTT that came on next to agree with my sentiments.
    I think its fair to say we would not be 18 points clear without LOA but do you still think we would have won the league without him?.

I tend to think we would have signed someone else, obviously not as prolific as Sir LOA, but maybe someone who would have been on 15-20 goals just now.

Just too many variables to consider, but i dont think we would have been much more than 10 points ahead and GD of 15-20.

I tend to think Cobra would have us in relegation trouble even though it was only a pub player we signed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)