+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Apparently Bruce is actually going to try out doing some managing and change the formation to 4231...

So who would you pick?

Dubravka

Manquillo Fernandez Lascelles Rose

Hayden Shelvey

Ritchie the saint Almiron

Gayle

Now I know a few will question not having Schar and/or Lejeune in...but for the first game with a back 4 and against Burnley's 2 physical strikers, I would play our two no nonsense cb's.

The thing is...having a formation that suggests more attacking intent still won't work without simple tactical procedures, such as the striker staying on the defenders shoulders and getting into the box, leaving at LEAST one player up the pitch when defending set pieces, sending players forward for our own set pieces etc...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Apparently Bruce is actually going to try out doing some managing and change the formation to 4231...

So who would you pick?

Dubravka

Hayden Shelvey

Gayle

Now I know a few will question not having Schar and/or Lejeune in...but for the first game with a back 4 and against Burnley's 2 physical strikers, I would play our two no nonsense cb's.

The thing is...having a formation that suggests more attacking intent still won't work without simple tactical procedures, such as the striker staying on the defenders shoulders and getting into the box, leaving at LEAST one player up the pitch when defending set pieces, sending players forward for our own set pieces etc...
    I would have Schar instead of Hayden and Lejeune for Laselles but can’t see cabbage heed not fitting Jokelinton in the side

I think he’s under orders to play him if fit or unfit as the case maybe

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post

So who would you pick?

Dubravka

Hayden Shelvey

Gayle

I'd go with that, the only exception being I'd want Schar in there somewhere.

It needs changes
    Lejeune and scharr need to play
    I don't think either longstaff creates enough so I wouldn't play either
    Gayle has to be our main striker

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    It needs changes
    Lejeune and scharr need to play
    I don't think either longstaff creates enough so I wouldn't play either
    Gayle has to be our main striker
    If you play both in a two man cb pairing with Shelvey they are going to run into each other as they all want to do the same job when going forward...

You also need either Fernandez or Lascelles along side one of them, especially against a long ball team like Burnley...

I agree Lejeune and Schar are our best two cb's talent wise...but you've got to have balance...

Why is such a big deal being made over Bruce changing formation. Will still be the same players on the field. Other managers change tactics and formations during games to get a result. This clown hasn't managed it in 8 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Why is such a big deal being made over Bruce changing formation. Will still be the same players on the field. Other managers change tactics and formations during games to get a result. This clown hasn't managed it in 8 month.
    Erm...do you suggest we don't discuss it then?

Discuss all you want, but he hasnt just invented the wheel for fùcks sake.

Bruce is incapable of changing a formation during the game with any success

FFS one game had three centre forwards on the pitch.

😂
    Nobody is suggesting he has...what do you think a forum is for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)