+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Coco ban.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Something I have been wondering about, is that now because Kiko has been found guilty of using racist language, how will the FA/EFL protect him?

I mean, if he stays at the club, then he will obviously have the support of the club. However what action will the powers that be take when opposition supporters direct their abuse at him? I am suggesting Kiko will try and redeem himself but it shouldn't mean he becomes an acceptable target.

I think the FA/EFL will most likely do sweet F.A.

Fans reaction - Ours & Theirs .......

Hull fans and local press upset when Leeds fans chanted Kikos name during the 'Kick it Out' pomp and ceremony pre kick off...........

Stadium security got very upset as several hundred Leeds fans had got into the Hull home section resulting in 'scuffles' and said Leeds fans removed into allocated away support after joining chanting.............
    Hull stated after match ticket arrangements were to blame and would review all ticket allocations including increased allocation to bigger clubs fan base ..... Mmmmm.

At Boro Leeds fans attacked outside stadium prior & after match - investigated.
    At Boro one Leeds fan arrested and charged for incident in concourse at half time involving an assault on a Police officer who had intervened a argument - FSA investigating and have evidence for defence of said Leeds fan arrested,so I cannot comment further being of FSA .......

I am constantly amazed at evidence from our fans given over to FSA via statements,phone video and YouTube etc - to which the club and FSA are grateful.

Our club will be targeted,so will our players and fans - so what's new but in light of football events this week involving Spurs players reactions to fans our club (as ever) will be under the spot light media wise more than most.
    Not good for Rad,investors or possible investors but great for Sky pundits and neutrals no doubt.

The defence Leeds and Kiko put forward were implausible. He said he he had never heard of the N word. Not only that but a month later in his interview he still denied having ever heard the word or understanding its meaning.

The Leeds team manager also said he was blissfully unaware. This was despite the referee calling the team manager and Kiko into his room post game to explain the allegations and the team manager explaining to other players post game what had been said.

It sounds like people tried to get very cute in defending this allegation and forgot to think through some fairly glaring inconsistencies.

Unless there was a mic that picked up no one will ever know for sure but Kiko and team did not really help themselves in the credibility stakes.

What was alleged to have been said was relayed to the referee within a minute of the. Exchange taking place - he made a written note.

Thus it is not rocket science to understand why the panel chose to prefer the version of events they did.

I say this as someone who thinks Kiko is a decent keeper and am sure he is not racist per se but he clearly said something in anger and his explanation smacked of pie in the sky

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)