+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never mind Burnley

Never mind Burnley

Forecast for the rest of the season.

It's going to be one hell of a hard slog.

Agreed.

Long hard slog, lots of games lost.

However, i personally believe we have enough points that with the few we accumalate between now and the end we'll stay up.

Won't be pretty though.

For a long time I thought we'd stay up.

I'm not too sure right now. A loss to Burnley and we're royally fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

^^^ this^^^

Well I’ll miss out on the game today off on the piste again skiing in Austria don’t think I’ll miss much

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Well I’ll miss out on the game today off on the piste again skiing in Austria don’t think I’ll miss much
    On the piste by day and on the p*ss at night, no doubt?

I dunno....I don't say this with any hubris...or particularly any satisfaction, if I'm honest-if we survive, nothing will ever change but I can't bring myself to wishing relegation on us-just yet-but I still think we'll be ok...just.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I dunno....I don't say this with any hubris...or particularly any satisfaction, if I'm honest-if we survive, nothing will ever change but I can't bring myself to wishing relegation on us-just yet-but I still think we'll be ok...just.
    If it is just then it will only be just.

Just by a hair's breadth or our good luck over some poor sod's bad luck the way we are being both owned and managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Agree with you, Zip. It's against our nature as supporters. I'm not sure relegation will get this club sold anyhow.

Surviving this year though; I just don't know anymore. It's not that Bruce's been found out; it's just that he's shyte and any wins this far has been down to random chance and luck. It's the only explanation the way I see it.

And now luck has run out it seems.

I think we will get the 6 or so points we need . Initially thought Burnley might tw@t us , but I think we might sneak a win by "if" we resort to 10 men in the box defending and mug a goal .
    If we try and play football with a heady 50%+ possession we will get beat.

But yeah Survival guarantees rinse and repeat , 17th spot being the objective .
    It's a sad state of affairs where the only way to rid ourselves of the odious fat kernt that owns us is a few years in the Chimpo and the huge revenue loss that would entail .
    Last edited by TheBigSausage; 29-02-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)