+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The trouble is RA, no solution is 'fair'. As in investing money, past performance isn't a guarantee of future returns and other clubs who suffer as a result, will take the league to court.

The only existing rule that I can see that can't be argued against is that, any club who doesn't fulfill their fixtures, have their results nullified. If no teams fulfill their fixtures, then all previous results will be nullified.
    correct

On a side note, if the season is nullified, will Bury be given a chance to rescue themselves?

On a side note, if the season is nullified, will Bury be given a chance to rescue themselves?
    Someone, GP I think, raised that a while ago.

Obviously no one knows, but it’s one of many questions that are raised if the season is ‘nullified’...like...are people, especially season ticket holders, to be reimbursed because none of the matches they’ve paid to see have actually been truly ‘competitive’.

Much easier, affordable and more fitting to work out a fair ‘virtual’ end to the season imo, and no Tricky, I haven’t worked out if this would be to the detriment of Forest and the benefit of Derby before you ask.

Don’t see it making any difference at all to us, although I think another question that was asked, probably again by GP, was...can we be guilty of financial wrongdoing this season if this season no longer exists?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-03-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Obviously no one knows, but it’s one of many questions that are raised if the season is ‘nullified’...like...are people, especially season ticket holders, to be reimbursed because none of the matches they’ve paid to see have actually been truly ‘competitive’.

Much easier, affordable and more fitting to work out a fair ‘virtual’ end to the season imo, and no Tricky, I haven’t worked out if this would be to the detriment of Forest and the benefit of Derby before you ask.

Don’t see it making any difference at all to us, although I think another question that was asked, probably again by GP, was...can we be guilty of financial wrongdoing this season if this season no longer exists?
    I can't see a virtual completion working from a legal point of view. I think they will endeavour to get matches played behind closed doors over a short period of time. Playoffs semis and final at Wembley over 3 or 4 days and a delay to the start of next season.

I think this season's accounts won't be considered for FFP, unless a further allowance is made for each club.

I can't see a virtual completion working from a legal point of view. I think they will endeavour to get matches played behind closed doors over a short period of time. Playoffs semis and final at Wembley over 3 or 4 days and a delay to the start of next season.

I think this season's accounts won't be considered for FFP, unless a further allowance is made for each club.
    Be better that way, I agree...but such gatherings of at least 50-60 people are a long way off at present.

Having said that...our keepers might well benefit from social distancing.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

I never said you did.

If the season is not finished as normal, it is null and void. Those are the rules end of.
    If that means my side misses out, so be it.
    No ups no downs, no trophies. tough

I don't think the PL or the EFL can afford the expensive law suits and possible damages payouts to which voiding the season wold lead.

For that very reason, I believe the season will be played out, probably behind closed doors with all games being available for a tenner via iFollow or clubTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I never said you did.

If the season is not finished as normal, it is null and void. Those are the rules end of.
    If that means my side misses out, so be it.
    No ups no downs, no trophies. tough
    What rules? Where exactly is this stipulated in the PL or EFL rules? My understanding is that it isn't because it was never envisaged.

I still think the season will be completed, there are various contracts with Tv companies etc. Even if that means starting it in August and starting next season after a couple of weeks break. Thats not impractical and not beyond the wit of intelligent human beings to organise!

So it sounds like we will have 13 weeks of lockdown in some form or another if things run how the scotch scientists believe to be the case.

That takes out April, May and most of June

So it looks like maybe behind doors could start beginning of July?

Of course many players will be out of contract by then and even committed to new teams. Even if the leagues agree to blanket extend all players contracts for 2 months there will be issues .

So looks like the only way to get league games finished in any sensible form would be to cancel all european competitions, cancel the FA Cup and playing twice a week. This is the "best case scenario" assuming that after 13 weeks things will be OK for limited social contact - but I doubt mass gatherings such as crowds will happen.

Anyone believe this can happen? As for me I'd sooner have an undisturbed 20-21 season, rather than try to cram the end of 2019-20 in and starting 20-21 late. Write it off now.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What rules? Where exactly is this stipulated in the PL or EFL rules? My understanding is that it isn't because it was never envisaged.

I still think the season will be completed, there are various contracts with Tv companies etc. Even if that means starting it in August and starting next season after a couple of weeks break. Thats not impractical and not beyond the wit of intelligent human beings to organise!
    I don't think there is an actual provision for this particular case. But, as an extension of the rule whereby any club who can't fulfill their fixtures, then have all the previous results cancelled. Ie, if Barnsley went out of business in January, our results against them would have been struck off.

So, if all of the clubs can't fulfil their fixtures, then all of the previous results are struck off.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)