+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

"... Again it'll be on a sliding scale at 3% increase a year so on a 10 year contract they'll end up paying 30% more than they started out at...."

Actually they won't because across 10 years there will only be 9 increases (in years 2 to 10). Also probability is that the increase will be compound.

Which makes a 30.477% increase if compounded and 27% if not.

Just saying......

Theres always one!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    The owners of F1 Liberty Media charge the promotor a hosting fee of many many millions and each year the fee increases by about 3%, those countries that get government subsidies have to file the costs so with a bit of digging you can find out what it cost, Silverstone on the otherhand gets no government help so their hosting fee is somewhat a secret or difficult to guess, again it'll be on a sliding scale at 3% increase a year so on a 10 year contract they'll end up paying 30% more than they started out at but we don't know what they started at. However paying this is the easy part of the process. The race organisers then have to sell all the tickets, pay staff, Police and ambulance including 2 air ambulances, insurances etc and then promote the event and hope people come, and they do, they normally sell out yet Silverstone rarely break even, sometimes make a loss so without any spectators, holding a race behind closed doors certainly Silverstone well it wouldn't exsist.....it can't.

On a much smaller scale it makes you wonder how much it hurts a club to have a match played behind closed doors, if the govermant ban mass movement of people I think we'll soon find out
    Thruxton is alive and kicking, so we have a fall back!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No interest in F1 Stenson - each to their own and all that - but on the back of your post I looked up the 2020 F1 itinerary.
    Never realised what a massive undertaking it must be to organise all those races (23?) and equipment shifts to so many far flung places on the planet. Hats off to those responsible.

Not certain, but I can’t imagine that the presence of spectators (or otherwise) in F1 makes an actual difference to the outcome in the same way as it can in other sports - Anfield and Twickenham yesterday being cases in point - but can F1 survive without the financial input of spectators, or is the whole thing likely to be cancelled on the basis that there can’t really be another sport which involves so much otherwise unnecessary movement around the whole World?

Early days but it doesn’t bode well for either the Euros or the Olympics.
    it will al be over by then. Cases in China declining, we will see the peak in italy by the end of the week. Once its swept through the Uk and removed a large proportion of those who voted leave it will be calm down by the end of the month.

it says a lot about our news services that whilst they quote numbers of deaths from Corona virus, there is no comparison with the "normal" death rate, so its impossible to ascertain the actual situation. If they said, normal death rate was say 150 in a week (from flu and other such viruses) and 350 have died from corona virus then you'd have an idea,but if the comparison was 300 to 350 then its not such a crisis.

Anyway I'm off to stock pile bottles of scotch!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Once its swept through the Uk and removed a large proportion of those who voted leave it will be calm down by the end of the month.
    I’ve seen a lengthy discussion elsewhere on Social media started by someone even more bitter than you where the prevailing tone was that coronavirus is karma for the older generation for ‘all voting Brexit’. I’ll pass that message on to my elderly parent and in laws, all remain voters, and reassure them they will just be ‘collateral damage’...

It's from China, nothing last long from China

Will this damned virus be what buggers my 2nd planned trip inside a month? Flymaybe did for the 1st trip. Hoping our early April sojourn goes ahead. If the flight is on we will be in Derby, game or no game. No flight but game on we will watch on RamsTV. Messes up planning. I had thought of going to Brum on May 2nd but I will wait to see how much Corona influences travel and sports events before booking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ve seen a lengthy discussion elsewhere on Social media started by someone even more bitter than you where the prevailing tone was that coronavirus is karma for the older generation for ‘all voting Brexit’. I’ll pass that message on to my elderly parent and in laws, all remain voters, and reassure them they will just be ‘collateral damage’...
    FFS! Some people take things SO seriously! If your stupid enough to take anything posted by ****s on social media then good luck to you! And I'm not bitter so your wrong there! I think Brexit was a mistake, but I'm not bitter about it because it won't affect me in fact in a karmic way I've benefited more than those who voted leave will ha! ha!

As for the elderly ones got to die sometime, seems the older we get the more we panic about the prospect, very bizarre! I'd be more worried about the lack of staff to undertake jobs in social care and the health service.

It comes to us all, indeed, Swale, which is why I don't worry about the extra pound here or there as long as I cam still do "my thing", I eat, drink and be merry because none of us know which day will be our last. The weight comes and goes. A few extra pounds gained over Xmas and New Year and birthdays and such like that go again when I ref or, in the better weather, get out and about on my racing bike for up to 200Km a week of good healthy cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You don't learn do you RA? Starve the **** of the oxygen of a reply
    You mean like you have on this board for years and killed it. I've read your last few posts in this thread and they are all attacks on others as they have been for years staving the board of any debate.

You are a sad little **** that is actually a complete dunce but wants to deflect that by attacking others. You've not changed as you hide behind your keyboard as you have for years.

In life genetic selection weedles out fools like you and the only place you have to hide is on the ruins of a message board on the Internet as you clearly can't survive in the real world.

Why don't you do everyone a favour and self isolate from this board?

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)