+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens Pin Badge

Queens Pin Badge

While browsing the Morton programme , I found what I thought an interesting piece for those like Qos memorabilia. A Queens fan, who has over 200 different Queens metal badges, is very eager to find a badge made for the Queens Supporters Club from the early 1930s . Has anyone ever seen this one ? Name:  20200304_200557.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  90.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    While browsing the Morton programme , I found what I thought an interesting piece for those like Qos memorabilia. A Queens fan, who has over 200 different Queens metal badges, is very eager to find a badge made for the Queens Supporters Club from the early 1930s . Has anyone ever seen this one ? Name:  20200304_200557.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  90.6 KB
    I’ve got that badge. Quite a few Queens badge collectors have it but it’s not something you’ll see very often on eBay.

Hammer I have also got it and as there was once over 25 supporters clubs in the auld days there should be many still stuck in the back of folks' cupboards or drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hammer I have also got it and as there was once over 25 supporters clubs in the auld days there should be many still stuck in the back of folks' cupboards or drawers.
    Wow, 25 supporters clubs.

Still bet there wasnt one from North Ayrshire back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Still bet there wasnt one from North Ayrshire back in the day.
    Are you the only member Albert of the N. Ayr branch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Are you the only member Albert of the N. Ayr branch ?
    Yeah

My favourite Queens badge ( probably because it reminds me of when I was a young excitable Queens fan instead of a now old cynic) was the one Don in the Whitesands newsagents used to sell. I would have picked one up in the 70s along with my round sew on patch for scarf. This is the badge I'm talking about. Name:  IMG-20200305-WA0000.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  110.1 KB

Thinking of Queens memorabilia, does anyone remember the reversible Queens scarf with Peter Dickson on one side and Queen Of The South on the other ? I had one but sadly lost it through the passing of time. Also, I recall Rowan Alexander rosettes getting sold outside the ground before the SC tie with Partick Thistle in 79-80.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Wow, 25 supporters clubs.
    Name:  6F82CFB8-B9B1-4268-8CA7-0FC46325531B.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  18.0 KB

Here’s another rare Queens badge from 1934.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)