+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

My young lad went to Ayr last night,we finished work at 4PM in Monifieth and i rushed him back to Dundee because he was getting picked up at 4.30.When i picked him up for work the next day he said,"It was FN brutal last night and we hardly managed a shot on target,i was offered a ticket for Partick on Saturday for £6 but i turned it down because i am not willing to watch that shyte anymore."
    Now i am sure we are gonna win this league but statistics mean F ALL when your team is playing garbage football,i frankly admit that i have went from attending almost every game home and away(Challenge Cup included)to picking and choosing games i wish to attend these days due to fodder being served up.
    When a total die hard like my son say's he has had enough we should sit up and take notice,he never ever has a bad word to say about United.He will never come on this board and say a bad word about his team but he is at the end of his tether with the football he is watching.
    When i read our manager was happy with the outcome at Somerset Park i begin to realise why Hearts supporters wanted rid of him,he gets paid to watch that shyte whereas we need to pay to get in.We hoped to be celebrating a League win but recent performances have us limping over the line with the majority of fans underwhelmed since the Christmas holiday.

Ultimately it was a good result on Tuesday at a place we nearly always get beat at. Not pretty but it's a league campaign, it takes all sorts to get over the line!

Utd will get over the line imo but Robbie has not helped, his decision making is baffling, Shanks goals and rivals early inconsistencies have masked this, the owner then mugged into giving Robbie a longer contract

An anology would be Robbie in charge of a 5 star restaurant famous for great steaks, you go expecting steak but he likes his burger maker better so that's what you get for your money, doesn't matter according to Robbie, you still get fed. However he doesn't understand why we are unhappy at paying steak prices.

What a ridiculously over simplistic analogy. We have no idea what's happening with the squad injury wise or, for that matter, how players are looking in training. Robbie does.

Maybe a burger will win it in a watery mince of a league.
    Very few really good steaks currently available on the Scottish Football menu.
    United of the early 80s was cordon bleu but what has been on the menu since will always leave us asking for more. Apologies to Charles Dickens!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    .......When i read our manager was happy with the outcome at Somerset Park i begin to realise why Hearts supporters wanted rid of him,he gets paid to watch that shyte whereas we need to pay to get in.We hoped to be celebrating a League win but recent performances have us limping over the line with the majority of fans underwhelmed since the Christmas holiday.
    Exactly.....😞

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Ultimately it was a good result on Tuesday at a place we nearly always get beat at. Not pretty but it's a league campaign, it takes all sorts to get over the line!
    Terry, I would agree with you, taking that game in total isolation, but it’s been the same collectively for a while now (even when were on our run), and what is really frustrating many fans, and casting doubt over RN.

As always, well most of the time anyway, I'm with you there Terry!
    Both of your sentences resonate with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    ...but it’s been the same collectively for a while now (even when were on our run), and what is really frustrating many fans...
    I can empathise with that but I think it's worth bearing in mind all that matters this season is we get promoted.

I can empathise with that but I think it's worth bearing in mind all that matters this season is we get promoted.
    And next season it will be all that matters is staying up.

I'm not disagreeing with you Trebs, but untimately we want to see good football being played. Every other team in this league plays more attractive football than us.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)