+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I can empathise with that but I think it's worth bearing in mind all that matters this season is we get promoted.
    Agreed, promotion is the main objective and will define our season above all else but the experience of fans who travel all the way to ayr on a Tuesday night is important too. Keeping loyal fans entertained with a decent performance on the pitch is very important indeed.

Robbie Neilson needs to get the players to pull their bloody socks up and win the league in style. I am a supporter of Neilson, certainly don't want him out, but his complacency and lack of concern over these performances is troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    And next season it will be all that matters is staying up.

I'm not disagreeing with you Trebs, but untimately we want to see good football being played. Every other team in this league plays more attractive football than us.
    Sorry RAMers but that's a load of utter tosh.
    Has there ever been a league in the history of football where a team with a lead the size of Australia plays the least attractive football than every team below it.
    Doubt it somehow

Has to be said I dwell on the positive side of all things United, however I am concerned regarding recent results, performances, team selections, tactics and overall motivation. Really not good enough. Injuries have played a big part no doubt about it, especially Nicky Clark, BUT it is finger oot time Robbie and United players. Improvement required.

Here’s hoping for a good performance against Partick. Have to admit I am actually looking forward to the game so do not disappoint United, thanks.

And next season it will be all that matters is staying up.

I'm not disagreeing with you Trebs, but untimately we want to see good football being played. Every other team in this league plays more attractive football than us.
    And every other team in the league would swap places with us.

Every other team in this league plays more attractive football than us.
    Wow. Needless to say I completely disagree with that. 🤔

I think everyone would agree that to survive in the Premier next season (yes I have taken winning the league as a given even with the recent poorer form) we would have to improve the squad in most areas and hold on to Shankland if at all possible. Personally, right now, I would settle for 10th place next season with any improvement on that being a bonus. Some of Neilson's tactics and formations baffle me but over all I think he is still the man to take us into next season and probably beyond. This season is what it is; we will in all likelihood win the league, what every supporter would have said was our goal for the season but performances have not been great of late. A season is a marathon not a sprint and has to be looked at over the whole course. Human nature tends to make a season where a team starts badly, improves and reaches its target as better than a team that romps away into the lead, falters and eventually struggles to reach its goal. I think we will still win the league by c. 10 points but am not carried away with our overall season. We have done, so far, what has been required to win a poor league and without major overhaul I fear for next season in the Premier. I tend to be cautious to pessimistic and hope to be proved wrong.

I can empathise with that but I think it's worth bearing in mind all that matters this season is we get promoted.
    Agree with you, but we don’t want to come straight down, do we?
    Another concern, is the lack of fight/desire/motivation in the team at the moment, as demonstrated on Saturday (and some recent games). There is absolutely no excuse for that IMO, and it’s certainly something the manager can/should influence.

Not sure what those at Tuesday’s game thought, with regard to that?

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Agree with you, but we don’t want to come straight down, do we?
    Of course not no but can anyone really judge what next season will be like before this one is even finished?

Of course not no but can anyone really judge what next season will be like before this one is even finished?
    Correct. We have absolutely no idea who we have potentially lined up for next season so trying to predict how we would do is completely pointless currently.

And another point, bar Hearts five years ago, we probably have the biggest lead ever in Division Fun currently for this time of the season. Yet we’re going into meltdown? Jeez, let’s get a grip of ourselves here - ICT have won two, TWO, on the bounce and yet suddenly are somehow going to win another ELEVEN on the spin to pip us to the title? Aye, very good.

One of the owners goals in the long term plan was to get out of this league so yes all Robbie admirerers can say he is achieving.
    The main gripe isn't about getting out this league as that should be a given now, it's about the other parts of the long term plan and I don't remember that plan including coming straight back down.

This is the fear the non Robbie admirers have and the way we have been playing/set up to play only makes that scenario a reality.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)