+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aucks

Aucks

The Leeds home game has been moved to Fri 3rd April at 7:45 for Sky. Not sure what that means for you? And if you can still get it?

What's the situation in NZ with the Corona virus?

On the first point, Champs, anyone's guess! Sky is random here with football. If it's a Sky game with you, sometimes we get it live; sometimes it doesn't appear at all. While I was away two weeks ago, the game was on the schedule, so I recorded it, but it was not actually broadcast after all!
    The other thing that might happen is it being put on one of their so-called "pop-up channels", which you have to pay extra for - beyond your normal subscription. The whole process is maddening, but it's hard for me to give Sky up because it is just about the only regular source of European sport here.

As for Corona, so far we have four confirmed cases. However, NZ has many Chinese citizens. Indeed, it is very multicultural - especially Auckland. Therefore, I think we are bound to have a lot more cases springing up.
    Contingency plans are in place for closing down public events and so on, but it's a waiting-game at the moment.
    Unfortunately, the whole thing has produced some very unpleasant racist reactions - on a relatively small scale.
    It staggers me how quickly irrational behaviour kicks in. One woman has already been criticised for "spreading" the illness, although she had no idea she was carrying it. She had been on holiday in Italy, so it wasn't something that had even crossed her mind. In fact, she acted very quickly when she noticed the symptoms, but that hasn't stopped those unpleasant reactions.
    We have also seen some panic-buying, with supermarkets running out of hand-sanitiser and - bizarrely - toilet paper!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    On the first point, Champs, anyone's guess! Sky is random here with football. If it's a Sky game with you, sometimes we get it live; sometimes it doesn't appear at all. While I was away two weeks ago, the game was on the schedule, so I recorded it, but it was not actually broadcast after all!
    The other thing that might happen is it being put on one of their so-called "pop-up channels", which you have to pay extra for - beyond your normal subscription. The whole process is maddening, but it's hard for me to give Sky up because it is just about the only regular source of European sport here.

As for Corona, so far we have four confirmed cases. However, NZ has many Chinese citizens. Indeed, it is very multicultural - especially Auckland. Therefore, I think we are bound to have a lot more cases springing up.
    Contingency plans are in place for closing down public events and so on, but it's a waiting-game at the moment.
    Unfortunately, the whole thing has produced some very unpleasant racist reactions - on a relatively small scale.
    It staggers me how quickly irrational behaviour kicks in. One woman has already been criticised for "spreading" the illness, although she had no idea she was carrying it. She had been on holiday in Italy, so it wasn't something that had even crossed her mind. In fact, she acted very quickly when she noticed the symptoms, but that hasn't stopped those unpleasant reactions.
    We have also seen some panic-buying, with supermarkets running out of hand-sanitiser and - bizarrely - toilet paper!
    That would really do my head in not knowing if a game was going to be shown, or not. And you are settling down to watch a game, and find out mins before it is not on!!

Corona you should see the mass hysteria created over here by our fantastic press. They are doing a cracking job of making sure supermarkets are being emptied. Hand-sanitser is sold out, think we are doing ok for toilet roll!!!
    That made me laugh about the lady who visited Italy, and didn't know she had it!! That said, it has spread pretty quickly this.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)