+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/t the death of Labour leader John Smith

O/t the death of Labour leader John Smith

I am currently researching, quite intensively, how the Labour Party betrayed it's original aims and became the fractured, divisive, nit-picking, party of middle class snowflakes.

I keep coming back to the Death of John Smith. I believe he would have been PM and an excellent one at that. Instead his tragic sudden death, and the war criminal taking over as leader diverted this great party away from its working class roots.

I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinions on this.

I believe the country would be a lot better place if John Smith had not died.

Always preferred Tetley's myself

Name:  Asleep.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  28.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am currently researching, quite intensively, how the Labour Party betrayed it's original aims and became the fractured, divisive, nit-picking, party of middle class snowflakes.

I keep coming back to the Death of John Smith. I believe he would have been PM and an excellent one at that. Instead his tragic sudden death, and the war criminal taking over as leader diverted this great party away from its working class roots.

I would be genuinely interested to hear your opinions on this.

I believe the country would be a lot better place if John Smith had not died.
    He took over from Kinnock the unelected European Commissioner didn’t he?

John Smith would have won Labour the election if he had been leader instead of Kinnock. They introduced the interest metre during the last election Kinnock lost which measured the interest of the audience. It was clear that the audiences were more engagedwhen Smith spoke compaired to Kinnock.

Blair himself was already waiting behind the scenes to make his move after Smith but would have been in the cabinet if they had won.

Would Smith had been a good PM?

I actually think he would have been excellent.

I remember his Laurel and Hardy speech about John Major and ????? basically saying here's another fine mess they've gotten us into.

Brilliant...

Thought you were reading through George Orwell.

I am. Believe me it's relevant.

Relevant to who or what?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am. Believe me it's relevant.
    Please come back to us with your findings.

Even Diane Abbott would have won the 1997 GE never mind John Smith after 18 years of Tory Governments .

Mind you she wouldn't have won again because she'd probably forget they are every five years .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast