+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McKenna and AFC defence

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought we have been complaining for the last few years about the football not being good enough and that we need to replace McInnes with someone who can take us to the next level.

We won’t be getting to the next level with Taylor and Considine as our first choice centre backs.

It’s very difficult to say that Considine would get in every other SPFL outwith the cheeks if you don’t watch them every week.

What makes you so sure about that?

Either way what difference does that make,I thought we wanted rid of McInnes because we should be having a go at the cheeks and winning trophies so it’s irrelevant if he could walk into any other team.

We should be looking for better.
    I’m not disagreeing with you - I’m 100% with you... that’s what weSHOULD be doing, but my post was about what we are LIKELY to be doing. Even if we do have a clear out defensively, Considine would probably be a better option to keep as a back up player than any of the others.

I don’t watch every other team week in week out but based on what I do see of them I fancy Considine would make the starting line up of most if not all of them. The standard of Scottish defenders is poor - hence why you get Devlin, probably our worst defender this season, in the Scotland squad!

Out with the OF which central defenders would you say were better than what we’ve got? Findlay at Kilmarnock? Halkett and Souttar at hearts? Gallagher at Motherwell? Hanlon or Porteous at Hibs? Debatable whether any of them are significantly better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think McKenna will be gone in the summer and wouldn't be overly surprised if Devlin is allowed to go as well, if McInnes is still around. I'd guess Taylor and Considine will still be here and we'll bring in 1 new defender to replace McKenna who will become a first pick. I'd also expect that in addition to signing Leigh permanently to play LB, we'll sign some versatile jack of all trades who can play a few defensive positions (possibly on loan), in the style of Ball, Hoban, Vyner.

For what it's worth I'd love to see Considine get a Scotland call up - aye he's not great, but he's been better than McKenna and Devlin this season and they seem to be in every squad. He's a likeable sort of chap, gives his all, loves the club - shows what can be achieved with hard work and the right attitude, even with limited ability. Good luck to the lad.
    That^^^

I thought we have been complaining for the last few years about the football not being good enough and that we need to replace McInnes with someone who can take us to the next level.

We won’t be getting to the next level with Taylor and Considine as our first choice centre backs.

It’s very difficult to say that Considine would get in every other SPFL outwith the cheeks if you don’t watch them every week.

What makes you so sure about that?

Either way what difference does that make,I thought we wanted rid of McInnes because we should be having a go at the cheeks and winning trophies so it’s irrelevant if he could walk into any other team.

We should be looking for better.
    Considine is probably our player of year so far,him or Ferguson.
    You really need to get over your hatred of Considine,he's here to stay and i'd rather have him playing than play than Mckenna or Devlin

Mckenna's heart isn't in it and Devlin is just pish,aye even more pish than Considine
    Last edited by nice1simmy; 06-03-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Our entire defence gives me the fear.
    Taylor & Devlin FFS?
    Devlin had 3 or 4 good months at the start of last season.
    He’s been s***e out with that.
    Taylor hasn’t had too many brain farts to be fair, but you watch the number of goals or chances he gives up through poor positional play & lack of concentration.
    When McKenna is sold in the summer, we need two new central defenders in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Our entire defence gives me the fear.
    Taylor & Devlin FFS?
    Devlin had 3 or 4 good months at the start of last season.
    He’s been s***e out with that.
    Taylor hasn’t had too many brain farts to be fair, but you watch the number of goals or chances he gives up through poor positional play & lack of concentration.
    When McKenna is sold in the summer, we need two new central defenders in.
    Get Devlin to F@ck,he's been pish since last year as you said,Taylor has his moments,both good and bad but overall i'd say his good moments just shade his bad,he's going nowhere anyway next season so we're stuck with him.
    Mckenna will be sold for 2M,Devlin will leave on a free transfer or we might swap him for someone + cash,possibly Kerr from the fairmers (not that i'd like that but i can see it happening)

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Considine is probably our player of year so far,him or Ferguson.
    You really need to get over your hatred of Considine,he's here to stay and i'd rather have him playing than play than Mckenna or Devlin

Mckenna's heart isn't in it and Devlin is just pish,aye even more pish than Considine
    Wondered how long it would take you to chime in on this one

How do you know for sure that Considine is here to stay?

If McInnes goes in the summer the new manager might think he isn’t good enough and bin him,as long as McInnes is here Considine will be but his time is up if a new manager comes in.

And for the last time I don’t hate Andy Considine, I just think he is pish,just like you think McKenna ,Devlin and McLennan are pish.

That’s fine with me so stop throwing a hissy fit when I have a go at Considine.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with you - I’m 100% with you... that’s what weSHOULD be doing, but my post was about what we are LIKELY to be doing. Even if we do have a clear out defensively, Considine would probably be a better option to keep as a back up player than any of the others.

I don’t watch every other team week in week out but based on what I do see of them I fancy Considine would make the starting line up of most if not all of them. The standard of Scottish defenders is poor - hence why you get Devlin, probably our worst defender this season, in the Scotland squad!

Out with the OF which central defenders would you say were better than what we’ve got? Findlay at Kilmarnock? Halkett and Souttar at hearts? Gallagher at Motherwell? Hanlon or Porteous at Hibs? Debatable whether any of them are significantly better than what we have.
    I don’t know if those players are better than Considine because I haven’t seen enough of them but I presume Steve Clarke does if he has picked most of them in front of Considine.

If you look back at my first post on this thread I actually said Considine should be kept as a back up.

But it’s insane if anyone thinks replacing McInnes in the summer and having Considine as our first choice centre back will improve us in any way.

It’s time to move on from the likes of Logan ,Considine and Taylor or we won’t be any better next season.

Cool

Wondered how long it would take you to chime in on this one

How do you know for sure that Considine is here to stay?

If McInnes goes in the summer the new manager might think he isn’t good enough and bin him,as long as McInnes is here Considine will be but his time is up if a new manager comes in.

And for the last time I don’t hate Andy Considine, I just think he is pish,just like you think McKenna ,Devlin and McLennan are pish.

That’s fine with me so stop throwing a hissy fit when I have a go at Considine.
    You're the one throwing a hissy fit min not me,i hope a new manager will come in and im pretty sure considine will be here too because he's one of our most consistent player's,he might be a squad player next season if a new manager comes in but im sorry he'll still be here,aye and Mclennan wont be here because he's pish
    Last edited by nice1simmy; 07-03-2020 at 01:25 AM.

You could categorise them into some areas:

Taylor and Logan - They know this is their peak level. Upped their game this season.
    Devlin - Big step up when he joined us and then played for Scotland. Thinks he is better than he actually is.
    McKenna - Has actually had a decent season. But just wants to **** off as soon as possible (don’t let the door hit yer arse on the way out).
    Considine - 100% knows this is the best he can hope for. Limited player who gives his absolute all every minute. Proper AFC loon.

I don’t know if those players are better than Considine because I haven’t seen enough of them but I presume Steve Clarke does if he has picked most of them in front of Considine.

If you look back at my first post on this thread I actually said Considine should be kept as a back up.

But it’s insane if anyone thinks replacing McInnes in the summer and having Considine as our first choice centre back will improve us in any way.

It’s time to move on from the likes of Logan ,Considine and Taylor or we won’t be any better next season.
    You would hope Steve Clarke knows, but remember he’s been calling up Devlin who can’t even get a game for us, and when he does he’s useless.

I hope we do sign 2 new first pick central defenders in the summer - we should if we want to improve. But I don’t think we will. I think we’ll sign one and they will partner either Taylor or Considine. I wouldn’t be surprised if said player is Hoban (if McInnes is still here).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast