+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Premier league this season

The Premier league this season

It has to be the most even and weakest for ages.
    Liverpool are having a freak season not even their most ardent fans would have believed they would have it won by March when you compare their side to City's.
    City pound for pound still have the best squad in the league.
    Leicester continue to surprise, third in the league despite losing the likes of Mahrez and Maguire over the seasons, a real team effort and probably set an away win score that will not be beaten in our lifetime.
    Manchester United are a shadow of the team they were seven years ago and can be beaten by most teams on the day.
    Arsenal are the same, the witch hunt for Wenger who i rated as the best manager in the Premier League has certainly come back to bite them in the Arse nal.
    Tottenham usually come close without winning anything, this season they won't even come close.
    Sheffield United are taking everyone by surprise, will they get second season syndrome? We shall see.
    Wolves have always thrown money at it without success, but they have finally managed to get the right balance. Not so much Fosun's money that has made them the best Wolves side i can remember, but good infrastructure, scouting and manager. The rest of the division is the same as usual with any team capable of finishing half way or getting relegated.
    Unfortunately it won't stay like this and I can see the old top six strengthening in the summer.

Ooh, I forgot Chelski.. still, f uck em eh?

I looked up the league and was surprised to see Liverpool so far a head...I checked a few sites to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
    Nothing to see there...quite boring I must imagine.
    I shall continue to enjoy this league as it is very competitive and full of shocks......
    Not much point having millions to spend any more on players...needs to be billions or maybe even gazillions.....very uninteresting. Not sure how they get crowds anymore.....

All this media bo ll ox about “Premier League riches”.

All that happens is you get extra millions you then have to pay players and agents.

If it’s such a treasure trove.......why are so many former Premier clubs on their financial a r s e?

It’s a case of “The kings new clothes” but nobody can see it.

When Bournemouth are in division 4 again with 38 year old Charlie Austin up front and playing in front of 4000 people I don’t suppose the owner will be sat counting his piles of cash.

It’s all b o ll ox.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)