+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelvey & Ritchie: The future

Shelvey & Ritchie: The future

Jonjo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie have signed new contracts with Newcastle United.

Both have agreed deals which will see them stay at St. James' Park until the summer of 2023.

/www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/shelvey-and-ritchie-sign-new-contracts-with-newcastle-united/

That's it then we are on the up!!

Don't mind Shelvey, he's our best cm when he can be arsed...

Really should be moving on from the likes of Ritchie though..a winger so dangerous he's actually more useful as a makeshift full back...

I don't really have any time for any of them, not after what Ritchie said about the fans and the media etc...

Shelvey is a stealing a living IMO, averaging 1 good performance in 7 games is not making the cut for me.

Sums the club up really giving a joke like Ritchie a new bumper contract, just another yes man getting his reward for crawling over Ashley

There has to be some continuity. Ritchie seems to be pretty important person to be in squad. Shelvey blows hot and cold but is good when he happens to be into the mood. They are both english and after brexit that will be more important.

A backward step for me both of them should have been moved on

Well at least that explains Ritchie’s recent hoop licking comments.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    There has to be some continuity. Ritchie seems to be pretty important person to be in squad. Shelvey blows hot and cold but is good when he happens to be into the mood. They are both english and after brexit that will be more important.
    Dunno what Brexit has got to do with it but I agree with you. Always liked Shelvey but he's seriously frustrating. I tried to defend Richie on here a while ago but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say 'you were wrong' ...... Should go...

Shelvey can be our best midfielder on his day, but how often is it 'his' day?

Ritchie is shite and now he's an Ashley's-hoop licking wanker.

Progress?

No players of better ability will want to sign for a club with no ambition and Bruce as manager. These are the best you can hope for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)