+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 points from 11 games

11 points from 11 games

Can we do it?

We can but I don't think we will and even then it may not be enough - we could easily end up bottom. It's not that we haven't won enough games, we draw very few and that's been the difference as you look up the league.

If SJM is back soon and hits the ground running, Jack moves back into the middle we may just outscore the opposition & get win possession back moreso than now.

Mcginn coming back soon will be like a new signing, maybe thats when jack moves back to the middle?
    11 games left I think we will need 13pts to scrape through.
    So i think we need 4 wins as WCV has pointed out, we dont draw games!
    Crystal palace H
    Chelsea H
    Newcastle A
    West Ham A
    & A Draw??

To be honest the cup final gave me hope but i think its going to take a massive effort and we can do it but that defence will be the reason If we get relegated.

Our inability to beat the teams around us has left us needing snookers

Or a Dean Smith miracle the like of which we have not seen since Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Mcginn coming back soon will be like a new signing, maybe thats when jack moves back to the middle?
    11 games left I think we will need 13pts to scrape through.
    So i think we need 4 wins as WCV has pointed out, we dont draw games!
    Crystal palace H
    Chelsea H
    Newcastle A
    West Ham A
    & A Draw??

To be honest the cup final gave me hope but i think its going to take a massive effort and we can do it but that defence will be the reason If we get relegated.
    Palace are on a good run but that is definitely a game we should be targeting - win
    Chelsea - good side, need points for 4th spot - loss
    Newcastle away - good win for them today at Southampton, cup run may distract them - draw
    West Ham - last game of the season, anything can happen but a win there is beyond us - draw

Leicester away - Norwich sneaked their win against them, if our luck is in (which is certainly isn't) then a draw.

We can get draws at home to Sheff Utd and Wolves so all of that is 8 pts leaving us on 33.

L'pool away is a write off leaving Man U & Arsenal at Home (not impossible to get something from) plus Everton away (loss)

Burnley & Southampton have put together a great run of results and have had very low points in their season - you never know. Smith has to get the players up for it and focused to compete for 95 mins - do that and the fans will back them.

Well it was a good day for us with only one club gaining a point of the 5 around us. We now have to do something with those 2 games in hand!! Just one win takes above all of them.

Crikey folks, setting the bar perilously low aren’t we?

We’ll need at least 40pts to stay up imo.

No idea where we’ll get em from, but if we win our games in hand (Lista away, sheff u home) or get at least 4pts from them, then maybe we have a chance.

Bournemouth + Brighton have tougher run ins than us, so it’s not impossible.

We f---ed up H&A v Saints and Bournemouth, that’s 12 points for starters.

Should’ve been on the beach by now, washing our hands in between every cocktail and bar snack.

I think 38 will do it, looking at all the other teams it would appear we all have similar remaining hard fixtures so no one has the advantage.
    We need some mammoth results at VP v Chelski, Manure, Wolves and the Gooners. Unfortunately they are all vying for 4th spot😯
    Not quite the great escape but one heck of an ask.
    We just need something from Leicester to get us going.

Leicester feels like a very important game to set the tone for the last 10 games - they are a team that will create good chances so we have to find a way to stay in the game. Jack in the middle supporting Samatta, put Luiz on the bench as we are too easy to play through in the middle - unpopular as it would be I'd start with Drinkwater alongside Nakamba. His experience and gritty play are something we lack - if we end up chasing it then Hourihane & Luiz give us options.

It's a must not lose.

Pathetic tonight, all hope is gone. We are down based on this performance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)