+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Worst Case Scenario

With all the doubt that is developing around sporting fixtures over the next few weeks, a few thoughts have crossed my mind.
    The Premier League & EFL are supposedly considering banning over 70's from attending ( or at least advising against attending). Also there is talk that matches may need to be played behind closed doors.

Now if the National League follow suit then that would be a difficult situation but there is a worst case scenario.
    If Covid-19 gets in amongst playing staff at several clubs then we might find that all games are cancelled. The season might not be able to conclude.

What would happen in that instance?

The Womens Cricket T20 Finals might be an example. The game was cancelled. It was not possible to rearrange the game. So the table as it stood was what counted. England were out.

The National League in that instance could declare the 2 promoted teams to be Barrow & Harrogate.

Notts would then be in the National League for at least one more season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    With all the doubt that is developing around sporting fixtures over the next few weeks, a few thoughts have crossed my mind.
    The Premier League & EFL are supposedly considering banning over 70's from attending ( or at least advising against attending). Also there is talk that matches may need to be played behind closed doors.

Now if the National League follow suit then that would be a difficult situation but there is a worst case scenario.
    If Covid-19 gets in amongst playing staff at several clubs then we might find that all games are cancelled. The season might not be able to conclude.

The Womens Cricket T20 Finals might be an example. The game was cancelled. It was not possible to rearrange the game. So the table as it stood was what counted. England were out.

The National League in that instance could declare the 2 promoted teams to be Barrow & Harrogate.

Notts will be in the National League for at least one more season whilst Ardley is here.
    Corrected the last sentence for you

Thought the T20 game for England was postponed due to rain & they hadn't made provisions for needing a spare day? May have heard wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

Notts would then be in the National League for at least one more season.
    England going out of the T20 World Cup had nothing to do with anything other than the weather and no reserve day was scheduled. I agree with the rest of your post, things could get very messy but public health must come first.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Corrected the last sentence for you

Thought the T20 game for England was postponed due to rain & they hadn't made provisions for needing a spare day? May have heard wrong
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    England going out of the T20 World Cup had nothing to do with anything other than the weather and no reserve day was scheduled. I agree with the rest of your post, things could get very messy but public health must come first.
    This really is the point I am making. There are hardly any reserve days or weeks available before everything has to be set in stone ready for next season.