+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think the board is fine how it is, if people want to get into heated discussions with people then that's life.
    Agreed.

Without doubt, a tremendous win and Ardley's gamble paid off handsomely. I can't help wondering though what would have happened if we were kicking the other way the first half and having to fight the wind the second half. Would our weakened forward line have been able to maximise our first half advantage? Would our second half substitutes had the same impact if we were on the back foot and defending against the wind? Thankfully, I will never know and have the comfort of this deliberation from a winning, three points in the bag position. Well done Notts, now for Tuesday night!

[QUOTE=PedroTheFisherman66;39452223]All will be revealed over the next 10 games (is that's how many is left ?)
    so having teams miss penalties against us isn't lucky ????????? maybe just a little bit lucky ?

Sorry but a penalty is not a lottery and by definition luck is not involved IMO. If a player does not have the skill or technique to put the ball in the net, then that is not luck. As a penalty taker my self, when ever I have missed or the keeper has saved, I never blame Lady Luck. I blame my self.

You mention luck like Notts only ever get it. Was it bad luck that Notts had a player sent off and conceded a late penalty earlier in the season? A decision that was wrong and cost us points. The sending off rescinded. The offence outside of the box.

Is it luck that a player positions himself on the line to clear a shot? What makes a player stand where he does? Luck? Not for me.

Exactly Tony, we don't need to worry about the unknown or something that didn't occur.

I still can't quite get over how unexpected that starting XI up was. Ardley mentioned a plan for the Barrow game after the Flyde match and again after the full time whistle yesterday, boy was he telling the truth. Incredibly brave to bench 3 of our best players and 4 regular starters and go with that surprise starting lineup. Madness or masterstroke as was rightly mentioned on here pre game.

We all know NCM would of been in meltdown if we had comfortably lost (like it Hartlepool) with that formation chosen, with the manager rightly blamed. Not that Ardley cares what us armchair experts who have never managed or played the game to a professional level think, and rightly so.

What is positive about the last two league games is that NA isn't a caveman when it comes to tactics , the substitution and change of formation at Flyde when the midfield was being overrun prevented dropped points there and now this obvious 'plan' specifically for Barrow away. Dropping the flair players and Wootton for a reason and having a couple of them coming on to effect during the game.

Add to that, he's well and truly tinkering now and using the fill squad depth which is almost forced on him tbf with the congested fixture list ahead.

I didn't think he had it in him tbh, so nice to be proven wrong. My only worry is we have been inconsistent with sprinklings of underwhelming perfomances all season so I can't imagine that this won't be repeated. But for now the results, and perfomances by both team and management team have been very positive.

Great also to see the post match match reviews on YouTube to get an opinion from someone who actually went. Top away support up there in the wild wild north west

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Their ground got the green light from the FL last week. Those toilets though.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    to increasing the frustration of the desperate Quigley and, perhaps, his shocking two footed challenge.
    Looking on the Barrow board half of their fans think he was entitled to go for the ball and a red card was harsh, the other half think it was a definite red. That usually means it was a definite red!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Looking on the Barrow board half of their fans think he was entitled to go for the ball and a red card was harsh, the other half think it was a definite red. That usually means it was a definite red!
    I've seen it on the highlights programme & it looked a red to me although I would say that some refs would have let it go,you win some you lose some but what a great result, see you Tuesday boys. COYP

Loving the front page... COYP!

Name:  NLP-front-sunday-8-march-croprs1.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  100.0 KB

Ooof, me tackle's been tackled.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  16.7 KB

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast