+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hrk

Hrk

Robson-Kanu has started 19 of the last 21 Championship games, and in the current campaign he’s netted 10 times in 30 appearances (10 of which have been from the substitute’s bench).

That's 1 goal every three games but..10 of the 30 games he come on from the bench. Not bad.
    1 goal in 2 games is considered a Top striker. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Robson-Kanu has started 19 of the last 21 Championship games, and in the current campaign he’s netted 10 times in 30 appearances (10 of which have been from the substitute’s bench).

That's 1 goal every three games but..10 of the 30 games he come on from the bench. Not bad.
    1 goal in 2 games is considered a Top striker. Keep it up!

HRK has surprised me and to his credit he’s worked hard, holds the ball up well, and gives 100%.

HRK or Austin or Zohore? HRK every time for me!
    Dwight Gayle or HRK? No contest Gayle for me!

Whilst HRK has done a good job - if we get promoted and anyone thinks he can become a Premier Player is deluded!!! In the Premier League we would be on the back foot in almost every game so would need a striker who is deadly - 1/2 chances and in the net. Sadly this is not HRK.

Just being realistic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    HRK has surprised me and to his credit he’s worked hard, holds the ball up well, and gives 100%.

HRK or Austin or Zohore? HRK every time for me!
    Dwight Gayle or HRK? No contest Gayle for me!

Whilst HRK has done a good job - if we get promoted and anyone thinks he can become a Premier Player is deluded!!! In the Premier League we would be on the back foot in almost every game so would need a striker who is deadly - 1/2 chances and in the net. Sadly this is not HRK.

Just being realistic!!!
    We need an Odemwingie type striker if we go up.

He needs to have pace and very good feet and excellent movement.

If we see another Rondon or Brown Ideye rock up at B71 this summer I will f king break down in tears.

Another big,useless lump of a 6-7 goal a season striker is NOT what’s needed.

Odemwingie is the only quality striker we’ve signed in the whole of our Premier League experience and he was a bargain and something of a long shot.

We need to find the next young Lukaku/ODW.

Lets get up first and then discuss how we need to stay there.
    Hopefully HRK doesn't read the negative comments about him from this board.
    He has been a revelation this season compared to recent ones so lets support him, he's doing a great job at present.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Lets get up first and then discuss how we need to stay there.
    Hopefully HRK doesn't read the negative comments about him from this board.
    He has been a revelation this season compared to recent ones so lets support him, he's doing a great job at present.

My comments regarding his contribution and play this season are extremely positive - he's given 100% to his credit.

That said - he's no Dwight Gayle or a Premier player - that much is obvious and not negative but fact.

Have always been a fan of HRK but will agree that if we do go up we will need a proven goalscorer, or even two, at that level. Would be quite happy with HRK coming off the bench though.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    My comments regarding his contribution and play this season are extremely positive - he's given 100% to his credit.

That said - he's no Dwight Gayle or a Premier player - that much is obvious and not negative but fact.
    Sorry but he is a Premier league player but not a prolific goal scorer. You cant play as well as he did in the world cup against the best of the best and then say he's not a Premier league player. Of course he is. He does more than Gayle except in the goal scoring department.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Sorry but he is a Premier league player but not a prolific goal scorer. You cant play as well as he did in the world cup against the best of the best and then say he's not a Premier league player. Of course he is. He does more than Gayle except in the goal scoring department.

You have hit the nail on the head - the goal scoring department!!! If we go up we will only be limited in many games to a few chances that we need to convert - we therefore need a ruthless goal scorer and that’s not HRK. I would have Gayle every time over HRK and if he’s a Premier player - I am Messi!!

Don’t get me wrong - I have been really been impressed with the work rate from HRK this season and would have him over Austin or Zohore although that’s not difficult.

Not saying HRK has not been great - he has. A fully fit Dwight Gayle in the championship would be far far better than any striker - that’s obvious and you can’t even put HRK in the same bracket as Gayle. The team are overall much more balanced and better this season but wow - had a fully fit Dwight Gayle been in it - we would have scored so many more goals from missed chances.
    Last edited by baggieal; 06-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Gayle is NOT a Premier league player. He can't get into a struggling side like Newcastle. I can't understand why our fans keep tossing off over him while rubbishing arguably our most consistent player this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Gayle is NOT a Premier league player. He can't get into a struggling side like Newcastle. I can't understand why our fans keep tossing off over him while rubbishing arguably our most consistent player this season.

Calm down Des!! I agree Gayle is not a premier player and never said he was. A fully fit Gayle though is the best striker in the championship and gets you goals. I agree HRK has been good this year but would always have a fully fit Gayle over HRK - mainly because of goal return. We have had a couple of strikers who in the past held the ball up well but could not get the goals.

If anybody thinks though HRK is a premier player if we do get promoted is on crack! Holding the ball up well - getting into good positions is not as good as pace - magic and banging the ball in the net. Remember Odemwingie mentioned by Mick - he could do thinks with the ball that HRK could only dream about and score consistently. That’s my point.

Fair play to HRK though this season - he’s been more consistent and given more than Austin or Zohore! Then again - Austin if he was fitter and had the service - he would be more deadly in front of goal than HRK.

In the premier league - a team like us will only get a few chances and we need a proven player who can convert them!
    Last edited by baggieal; 06-03-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)