+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton Match Thread

Brighton Match Thread

Come on mi Babbes! It's a big one today, a win for us and a loss for Utd tomorrow and we will be flying. Let's get it done!

Oh dear, we got Andre Mariner! Bad decisions follow him around like Cantona's seagulls after the trawler. Fingers crossed they go our way.

Good strong start, only one team in it so far. So far!

Game settled down to a general level of blah now. Has any one had a shot on goal?

Poor now, Brighton getting into the game. Need a change at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Poor now, Brighton getting into the game. Need a change at halftime.
    Getting bloody worse, what a poor first half.

Lucky there, woeful marking in the box, they should have scored.

First shot on goal., 75 mins!!

One of those days Woody. I think we have only won against Brighton once in the last eleven games. The visitors played mostly a five , four one formation, and much like last season we could not break them down. Brighton, to their credit, did not 'park the bus', but kept their shape well, closed us down and took every opportunity to attack our defence. I was impressed with their number 8, Yves Bissouma, he appeared to be their main source off supply.

Vinagre seems to have lost his confidence to go forward. Several times with room in front, he chose to lay the ball back to Saiss. On the one occasion he chose to run with the ball, his teasing cross almost led to a goal. I hope the crowd don't get on his back because the lad is a very exciting player. Like many in the crowd I was surprised to see Neves subbed so early, possibly the trip to Greece was on the managers mind. Mooy was not as effective as he has been in the past, possibly down to the hard work of Moutinho and Dendoncker, who both managed to cover every blade of grass.

The ploy of bringing Traore on later seemed to backfire, as our best chances appeared when he was on the pitch. Cody splayed his usual array of passes, and I still wonder if there is a better distributer in the Premier League, Southgate must be looking the other way.

The temperature really dropped at around 4.00pm and the tricky windy conditions probably contributed to the number of stray passes, more from us than The Seagulls.

The two points lost today could prove costly come May, however, the one point gained could prove crucial. Another clean sheet and another game unbeaten, however we need to start turning the now 13 draws into victories.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    One of those days Woody. I think we have only won against Brighton once in the last eleven games. The visitors played mostly a five , four one formation, and much like last season we could not break them down. Brighton, to their credit, did not 'park the bus', but kept their shape well, closed us down and took every opportunity to attack our defence. I was impressed with their number 8, Yves Bissouma, he appeared to be their main source off supply.

Vinagre seems to have lost his confidence to go forward. Several times with room in front, he chose to lay the ball back to Saiss. On the one occasion he chose to run with the ball, his teasing cross almost led to a goal. I hope the crowd don't get on his back because the lad is a very exciting player. Like many in the crowd I was surprised to see Neves subbed so early, possibly the trip to Greece was on the managers mind. Mooy was not as effective as he has been in the past, possibly down to the hard work of Moutinho and Dendoncker, who both managed to cover every blade of grass.

The ploy of bringing Traore on later seemed to backfire, as our best chances appeared when he was on the pitch. Cody splayed his usual array of passes, and I still wonder if there is a better distributer in the Premier League, Southgate must be looking the other way.

The temperature really dropped at around 4.00pm and the tricky windy conditions probably contributed to the number of stray passes, more from us than The Seagulls.

The two points lost today could prove costly come May, however, the one point gained could prove crucial. Another clean sheet and another game unbeaten, however we need to start turning the now 13 draws into victories.
    Frustrating for sure. Brighton are just the kind of team we struggle against so no surprise really. Think the subs should have been made at the half, well Traore anyway.

I will look for the programme but I think I was there the last time we beat them. A home game [?] in awful weather, maybe an evening game. What I can remember is they played us off the park and still lost!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)