+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful Struber!

Disgraceful Struber!

A match in which we desperately needed 3 points and stood a good chance of winning, you pick that team and employ those god awful pathetic tactics!

Why oh why was Mowatt playing just in front of the back four!? What is wrong with Dougall!? Ritzmaer, wtf!?

Jury still out on that one!

As ta la vista baby!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    A match in which we desperately needed 3 points and stood a good chance of winning, you pick that team and employ those god awful pathetic tactics!

Why oh why was Mowatt playing just in front of the back four!? What is wrong with Dougall!? Ritzmaer, wtf!?

Jury still out on that one!

As ta la vista baby!
    Whilst I find it hard to take to Struber personally I think it's unfair to criticise him too much .

Since he arrived he's at least managed to obtain a tune out of this group of players , whilst he's not exactly created The Sergeant Pepper Album we've listened to some decent hits on Now 23 , unfortunately for the Now collection you have to grin and bear Pepsi and Shirley to get to The Smiths or the Clash .

Whether he will be here for the start of next season I don't know , I understand the club paid quite a bit of money to bring him here so I guess he could well be .

He's also managed to obtain his own way on recruitment which is a significant step forward .

I wouldn't be too critical myself on any coach who has to work miracles at this club in the championship other than Morais .

The blame lies with the ownership , end of .

When Struber was allowed to bring his own lads in outside the Plan Rules-- no one ovva 23 and no loans-- it became his responsibliity in the owner's eyes. Bye Bye Struber in May.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-03-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    When Struber was allowed to bring his own lads in outside the Plan Rules-- no one ovva 23 and no loans-- it became his responsibliity in the owner's eyes. Bye Bye Struber in May.
    That could well be the case SB , although I'd suggest two players who he knows well have rather more footballing brains attached to the logic than a spreadsheet in the summer transfer window going in to a higher level of football .

I simply refuse to offer up the HC as the reason for our failings .

Besides all that , remind me who appointed him and who went to great lengths to say they'd admired him for some time before finally attracting him here .

The ability to strangle these half wits with their own words is remarkably easy and just shows them up to be completely out of their depth running a football club the way they run this one .

Give me and quite a few more on this forum the microphone on tuesday night for 10 minutes and we'd make an interview with Andrew Neil seem like one with Graham Norton by comparison .

Are you going Tuesday night Animal?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Are you going Tuesday night Animal?
    Well Perky it's an open forum and I've attended one in the past .

They are very structured forums in that questions are raised well in advance and resemble more of a PM's QT on a Tuesday in parliament .

Any questions from the floor come last and the clock ticks down .

What is actually needed is debate , hours of it to give the club's failings justice .

It would be like a structured forum attempting to solve Brexit in an hour .

In other words a completely pointless exercise other than the " we do communicate and all fans are invited " which doesn't actually go anywhere near enough .

Rather different from the old shareholders AGM which had the capacity to go on for hours and hours and straight talk was the name of the game .

Ill repeat without a independent supporters group with structure , credibility and solidarity you ain't going to land a glove on these idiots .

My life experience tells me as much .

We live in hope that one day that will happen but at this moment in time we are pyssing in the wind .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Personally I don't think that will be the case SB. To pay off his contract on top of relegation and the loss of 6 million TV revenue will see him remain surely.

Struber as bin up against it takin on this job wi all the nonsense that goes with it, but I can't say I rate him, players he's brought In ent nowt special, substitutes and general tactics look reactive and daft at times. Now he has took a lot on ere, so he gets leaway fo that, but not enough to keep his job fo me. We gunna lose any good players we got, am not goin if we're just gunna be buying 4th division class players from a mickey mouse lg on continent. players got take responsibility an all, we used to play like we was goin fr it, now it's ponderous and predictable and we'll get found out in lg 1 just like we ave ere.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Struber as bin up against it takin on this job wi all the nonsense that goes with it, but I can't say I rate him, players he's brought In ent nowt special, substitutes and general tactics look reactive and daft at times. Now he has took a lot on ere, so he gets leaway fo that, but not enough to keep his job fo me. We gunna lose any good players we got, am not goin if we're just gunna be buying 4th division class players from a mickey mouse lg on continent. players got take responsibility an all, we used to play like we was goin fr it, now it's ponderous and predictable and we'll get found out in lg 1 just like we ave ere.
    Well if he was an old skool manager with total control on recruitment and culture you'd live an die by the results , at the end of the seaon he'd be sacked which in modern-day footballing terms is fair enough .

We have to factor in the variables of which they are many and if we don't we haven't a credible opinion only an emotional one .

Let's not fall for the emotive narrative and hang Struber out to dry when the real issue is those who don't have tyke DNA what so ever and call the shots .

Let’s be honest we knew we were ****ed before a ball was kicked this season and any lingering hopes were vanquished after 10 games!
    I stick by what I’ve been saying all season it’s only gonna change when this lot sell up and p1ss off and the only way to do this is by not going to games, buying shirts or merchandise! Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they will care much but in time if the money isn’t coming in from us they will have to put some in and they will not like that one bit!
    I really hope we get stuck in league 1 or relegated further down the leagues if it means they do one! I’m sick of having absolutely no hope or positive things to say regarding BFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast