+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid 19 (Corona Virus)

Covid 19 (Corona Virus)

My simplistic view about Covid 19 is that there is very little danger of getting it and the people who do get it do so during periods of cool weather. There is a temperature above which it cannot survive and much as we deride the UK climate we are reaching a time of year when Covid 19 will not be able to survive in most of Europe.

Of those that do get it nearly all survive with no negative ongoing result. Of those few that die they mostly seem to be elderly, frail and have other ailments.

When Covid 19 kills 30 year old body-builders living near to the equator then that would be of genuine concern.

The media love a dramatic story and if there is not a convenient one they will inflate something which is of lesser significance. Presenters are 'gagging' to show gravitas in order to further their careers.

There is absolutely no drama in stating that your negligible chances of dying from 'flu are vastly greater than your chances of dying from Covid 19. So, no story means no opportunity to show the gravitas which would further a presenter's career and the careers of the directors / producers of such radio / television programmes.

You are wrong Mr Clap. There are different levels of flu, I had a dose in my forties which made me feel like I was dying, it was very bad. It shook me badly. Corona virus is worse than an ordinary dose. I am in fear of getting it even if it doesn't kill you. Those that do die from it suffocate, slowly.

Not nice.

p.s, shouldn't you be worried about having the clap, your brain is being eaten by nysseria gonorrhoea.

We are told to wash our hands all the time and not to shake hands with anyone. But it is OK to carry on s­hagging for many an hour each day.

According to Simon Calder the total number of worldwide deaths caused by the Covid 19 problem since the start of it is slightly less than the number of worldwide deaths every day caused by road traffic accidents.
    Last edited by Sir_Les_Patterson; 09-03-2020 at 02:50 AM.

188 died in Italy today.

My mother’s care home closed its doors to visitors yesterday; mum is 101.

Try not being worried.

I wonder if this will end with there being something in nature which kicks Covid 19's arse, an end to it like the denouement of 'Day Of The Triffids' or 'War Of The Worlds'?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)