+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rant because I care

A Rant because I care

I shout myself hoarse encouraging this team and have never once shouted any negative words at the team during the game. I am fully 100% behind the team in public always no matter what. Nobody would ever guess I need to vent frustration sometimes and I do that here, thank god for this place better out than in they say.

My gripe is with Robbie and what the feck did he get the players for Christmas, with the best striker and with such a lead at the top, explain how we've only managed to score 2 or more twice in the 10 league games since then.

To be 17pts clear with no idea of the best 11, a squad with a loss of confidence and with no momentum is a joke. Being clear at the top should have allowed RN to blood youngsters give fringe players a chance, see what we have got and what we need. Some players actually show up better in a game than training, would have been great to give them a free hit. Getting the chance to play against teams who would kick their granny for a point to avoid relegation or make play offs with no pressure on getting results would have been ideal.
    Can't do it now because a few more losses could get uncomfortably close points wise and ruin the fringe players confidence.
    Most of the post Christmas matches have been sore on the eyes and if the last 10 games were the 1st 10 games of season would RN have got a contract extension?
    Dont get me wrong if he then turned it round and got us 17pts clear and we had momentum then yes.

RN has an air about him that he thinks we believe everything is fine, the minute I saw Shankland chasing back 60 yards against ICT a few weeks back and make a tackle I knew it wasn't fine. He is ruining the boy, either making him do this or Shanks himself so desperate to get a touch and/or show an example to the others to work harder. He should be staying sharp waiting on service but shock horror there seems to be a problem here.

The definition of an eejit is to keep doing the same things and hoping for a different result, I'm talking about team selection here. he waits too long to change things, he stays loyal to out of form players.

Stop this tippy tappy sideways shyte
    Get leaders on the park, give Shankland a partner, play offensive attacking football and out score the opposition.

Or else we face a nightmare next season, Shanks may be off, and I hate to think if we are 'nicely debating' when we are top and clear in one league, what's it going to be like if we are bottom and adrift in another.

Rant over thanks for listening

Expectation of fans are weird to say the least. Robbie is effectively doing what you suggest (from necessity due to injuries mostly) but he's getting it tight from a section of the support, you included. Did anyone really expect us to formally tie up the title with 10 games to go or something ridiculous like that? Doesn't happen.

The absence of Butcher and Clark cannot be underestimated. It genuinely is having a major effect on the functionality of the team. Having said that, we surely should still have enough about us to beat the bottom team. At home.

That was really poor yesterday. I’ll totally concur with that. And it’s not just yesterday. BUT, we are still going to go up as the teams below us are in no way good enough to catch us up. However , yes I’ll acknowledge that that is not how we want to be being promoted i.e. on the deficiencies of others rather than our own merits.

After the five years since THAT transfer window, frankly I’ll take that as I am beyond caring how it’s done. But Jesus Christ it’s getting sore on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I shout myself hoarse encouraging this team and have never once shouted any negative words at the team during the game. I am fully 100% behind the team in public always no matter what. Nobody would ever guess I need to vent frustration sometimes and I do that here, thank god for this place better out than in they say.

My gripe is with Robbie and what the feck did he get the players for Christmas, with the best striker and with such a lead at the top, explain how we've only managed to score 2 or more twice in the 10 league games since then.

To be 17pts clear with no idea of the best 11, a squad with a loss of confidence and with no momentum is a joke. Being clear at the top should have allowed RN to blood youngsters give fringe players a chance, see what we have got and what we need. Some players actually show up better in a game than training, would have been great to give them a free hit. Getting the chance to play against teams who would kick their granny for a point to avoid relegation or make play offs with no pressure on getting results would have been ideal.
    Can't do it now because a few more losses could get uncomfortably close points wise and ruin the fringe players confidence.
    Most of the post Christmas matches have been sore on the eyes and if the last 10 games were the 1st 10 games of season would RN have got a contract extension?
    Dont get me wrong if he then turned it round and got us 17pts clear and we had momentum then yes.

RN has an air about him that he thinks we believe everything is fine, the minute I saw Shankland chasing back 60 yards against ICT a few weeks back and make a tackle I knew it wasn't fine. He is ruining the boy, either making him do this or Shanks himself so desperate to get a touch and/or show an example to the others to work harder. He should be staying sharp waiting on service but shock horror there seems to be a problem here.

The definition of an eejit is to keep doing the same things and hoping for a different result, I'm talking about team selection here. he waits too long to change things, he stays loyal to out of form players.

Stop this tippy tappy sideways shyte
    Get leaders on the park, give Shankland a partner, play offensive attacking football and out score the opposition.

Or else we face a nightmare next season, Shanks may be off, and I hate to think if we are 'nicely debating' when we are top and clear in one league, what's it going to be like if we are bottom and adrift in another.

Rant over thanks for listening
    ^^^ This 100%. I've been saying the same for months. To be honest the football was dreadful even when we were winning. At last the tide seems to be turning and the majority of folk on here now see that for a club with our resources this is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    To be honest the football was dreadful even when we were winning.
    No it wasn’t. Are you really saying that 4-1 away to Partick was ‘dreadful’. Maybe the 4-0 at home to Ayr? Or possibly the 2-0 away to the Funsters? Or how about the 3-0 away to ICT? I am not disagreeing about the form since, let’s face it the Hibs cup games, it has been total pish including yesterday. But there’s a bit of revisionism going on there. We are top of the League for a reason- it’s how we got there that we need to rediscover.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    No it wasn’t. Are you really saying that 4-1 away to Partick was ‘dreadful’. Maybe the 4-0 at home to Ayr? Or possibly the 2-0 away to the Funsters? Or how about the 3-0 away to ICT? I am not disagreeing about the form since, let’s face it the Hibs cup games, it has been total pish including yesterday. But there’s a bit of revisionism going on there. We are top of the League for a reason- it’s how we got there that we need to rediscover.
    Yes it was. There were a few matches (about 3) which were decent, otherwise the standard of football, even when we were winning was poor. Now that's partly because this league is sh1te but a decent team should shine amongst the sh1te, we haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Yes it was. There were a few matches (about 3) which were decent, otherwise the standard of football, even when we were winning was poor. Now that's partly because this league is sh1te but a decent team should shine amongst the sh1te, we haven't.
    Must admit when I came out of the 6-0 at home to Morton, my first reaction was ‘well that was scheite’.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Must admit when I came out of the 6-0 at home to Morton, my first reaction was ‘well that was scheite’.
    Yeah that was one of the 3.

Utd were terrible against Ayr Utd for 50 mins up to Kerrs sending off, took their chances after that but weren't great, struggled for opening 25-30 mins against Thistle when they could have been a couple down then clicked into gear and played well. I've no problem with that btw, but just pointing out we weren't great bar an hour against Thistle.

Utd had a winning formula earlier in the season, in truth they didn't always play great, quite often the opposition passed better than us, but utd had a shape, a way of playing, and didn't give away cheap goals, and of course had Lawrence Shankland. I've seen Shankland scream at powers and get booked against Dunfermline for having a go at the ref, he was screaming at another Utd player yesterday, he is looking increasingly frustrated.

Morton 6-0, QofS 3-0, Alloa 2-1, ICT 3-0, Pars 2-0 are the only games off the top off my head where I think we have played well start to finish. We have had some great results, notably against the teams near the top - Dundee 6-2, 2-0, ICT 4-1 where we have played well and got great results. Prob more games where ground out results/been awful and lost or won!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)