+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NEXT UP, Morton away!

NEXT UP, Morton away!

I wasnt gonna do this thread today as i have more important things to deal with this week and probably wont reply until later in the week again.

Will i be there? Maybe aye depending on results on Tuesday, but probably not if there is a big chance of Pawlett playing.

Siegrist,
    Smith, Watson, Reynolds, Robson,
    Powers
    McMullan, Harkes, Sporle,
    Shankland, Appere.

Deniz, Connolly, Glass, Mochrie, Bingham, Pawlett, Butcher.

Im gonna give Watson a by on his mistake yesterday, but i think Reynolds did enough yesterday to merit a return to the team in his position, although Connolly wasnt bad enough to be dropped. Robson i feel was still suffering because of his injury and has had his rest now, and i think Sporle is the type of player to make a difference with a moment of magic.

A win will go a long way to setting up a party at home, but only if the right tombola is employed!

I would be happy with that team but never gonna happen mate

thats a positive line up and 2 up top for a change, no happening unfortunately

Could do with a confidence boosting win at a difficult venue this week, hopefully a big support despite the current health advice.

Will we have a decent support through ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I wasnt gonna do this thread today as i have more important things to deal with this week and probably wont reply until later in the week again.

Will i be there? Maybe aye depending on results on Tuesday, but probably not if there is a big chance of Pawlett playing.

Siegrist,
    Smith, Watson, Reynolds, Robson,
    Powers
    McMullan, Harkes, Sporle,
    Shankland, Appere.

Deniz, Connolly, Glass, Mochrie, Bingham, Pawlett, Butcher.

Im gonna give Watson a by on his mistake yesterday, but i think Reynolds did enough yesterday to merit a return to the team in his position, although Connolly wasnt bad enough to be dropped. Robson i feel was still suffering because of his injury and has had his rest now, and i think Sporle is the type of player to make a difference with a moment of magic.

A win will go a long way to setting up a party at home, but only if the right tombola is employed!
    Well thanks for the inspirational start. Do think it's a decent side tho.

Why can’t Robbie start with that positive lineup?
    Oh wait he’s got to fit his favourites into the team

I think our best performance this season came at home to Morton in the 6 nil game and with that in mind and the fact something has to change to get us going again i’d go with a similar 3421 formation.

Siegeist
    Watson Connolly Reynolds
    Smith Powers Harkes Sporle
    McMullan Pawlett
    Shankland

Would like Butchers dig in midfield but after last week i think that would be unfair on Powers or Harkes. Could also go with Glass and Appere ahead of Mcmullan and Pawlett but the 2 of them were brilliant in the first game and would hopefully bring the confidence back.

Morton 0 - 2 United

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_1988 View Post
    I think our best performance this season came at home to Morton in the 6 nil game and with that in mind and the fact something has to change to get us going again i’d go with a similar 3421 formation.

Siegeist
    Watson Connolly Reynolds
    Smith Powers Harkes Sporle
    McMullan Pawlett
    Shankland

Would like Butchers dig in midfield but after last week i think that would be unfair on Powers or Harkes. Could also go with Glass and Appere ahead of Mcmullan and Pawlett but the 2 of them were brilliant in the first game and would hopefully bring the confidence back.

Morton 0 - 2 United
    Definitely drop Pawlett and Bingham both liabilitys in team for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Well thanks for the inspirational start. Do think it's a decent side tho.
    There are some things that pale into insignificance with what ive had to deal with this week!

Whatever team turns up, i hope they can see it within themselves to get us a win!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    There are some things that pale into insignificance with what ive had to deal with this week!

Whatever team turns up, i hope they can see it within themselves to get us a win!
    I think you should enter my competition Chick,it would be interesting to see your predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think you should enter my competition Chick,it would be interesting to see your predictions.
    Dont like doing that kind of thing, but fock it! Done!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)