+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We went to Barrow....and the wheels stayed on. A Glasgow Glasgow perspective.

We went to Barrow....and the wheels stayed on. A Glasgow Glasgow perspective.

This is my third attempt at a report. The other two, quite magnificent ones actually, went in to oblivion when I pressed submit. So I will do this in chunks.....just in case.
    We had a brilliant day out and met some great Notts, and Barrow, fans. I thought the stars would alight for us when we walked down Rawlinson Avenue to get a pint in the Robin Hood bar. And so it turned out.
    The condition were brutal in the first half with the strong wind right down the length of the pitch on a very firm and bobbly surface. Our set up was perfect and we battled for everything. Don't discount the contributions of the two forwards who never stopped running and harassing their defence whilst hardly having a pass or shot between them.
    This was no smash and grab, and in many ways the game was won in the first half by us not conceding.
    There were several key moments:
    -the penalty miss wasn't a game changer but I still rejoice at the delicious sound of the ball hitting the inside of the post and then cleared in to the stand.
    -the sending off was very important and justified and it seemed to completely demoralise them.Quigley is a v important player for them and will be missed in their next 3 games.
    -the subs were brilliant when they came on and everyone and everything came together thereafter
    -it is hard to pick out anyone from such a strong team performance but Tom Crawford and Joel Bagan deserve the highest of praise for being such young warriors. O'Brien and Doyle were classic veteran warriors. Roberts finish sublime.
    My man of the match goes to Neal Ardley though for such a brave, inspired and effective team selection and set up. Well done Neal.
    I love being a Notts fan and my two lads, the oldest a Rangers fan and the youngest a Celtic fan, share this unique passion. We had such a brilliant day out and they both declared that we should aim for the top and just go for broke. Whilst this is the voice of innocence I must admit to the scariest feeling in football, especially with Notts.....hope and optimism. I think both Barrow and Harrogate will stumble and if Notts can just get a run going, it's not third I'm looking at.
    We have a great squad, a great management team backed by superb new owners and the best fans going. I think the best finale for years is coming our way.
    Here's hoping. Best wishes. Coupe's.
    David

Excellent report David, thank you.

Cheers Dave, good read and you're a lucky omen!

I agree though you write a really good post and you've taken so long that when you submit it you're timed out and the next time you write it you can't be arsed making it as good ha ha, you've bucked the trend here although I didn't read the first two ha ha

... well said and well written GDave. Excellent reflection of the game. The team were superb. They made their own luck and once we got to HT at 0-0 it was on for us to nick something. In fact it wasn't us nicking it; we played good football to win the game and when NA made the subs you could see they were up for the 'upset'. Have a feeling too that Barrow will fall away ... they seemed so upset that we had the audacity to spoil their party - big crowd (for them) - and a ref who wouldn't be bullied by their constant chelping. COYP.

Joel Bagan? Pointless loan signing from Cardiff's academy?

Good to hear he performed well on his league debut for Notts in difficult conditions against top opposition.

Cheers guys. Hope we do the biz on Tuesday.

Really good write-up Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    This is my third attempt at a report. The other two, quite magnificent ones actually, went in to oblivion when I pressed submit. So I will do this in chunks.....just in case.
    We had a brilliant day out and met some great Notts, and Barrow, fans. I thought the stars would alight for us when we walked down Rawlinson Avenue to get a pint in the Robin Hood bar. And so it turned out.
    The condition were brutal in the first half with the strong wind right down the length of the pitch on a very firm and bobbly surface. Our set up was perfect and we battled for everything. Don't discount the contributions of the two forwards who never stopped running and harassing their defence whilst hardly having a pass or shot between them.
    This was no smash and grab, and in many ways the game was won in the first half by us not conceding.
    There were several key moments:
    -the penalty miss wasn't a game changer but I still rejoice at the delicious sound of the ball hitting the inside of the post and then cleared in to the stand.
    -the sending off was very important and justified and it seemed to completely demoralise them.Quigley is a v important player for them and will be missed in their next 3 games.
    -the subs were brilliant when they came on and everyone and everything came together thereafter
    -it is hard to pick out anyone from such a strong team performance but Tom Crawford and Joel Bagan deserve the highest of praise for being such young warriors. O'Brien and Doyle were classic veteran warriors. Roberts finish sublime.
    My man of the match goes to Neal Ardley though for such a brave, inspired and effective team selection and set up. Well done Neal.
    I love being a Notts fan and my two lads, the oldest a Rangers fan and the youngest a Celtic fan, share this unique passion. We had such a brilliant day out and they both declared that we should aim for the top and just go for broke. Whilst this is the voice of innocence I must admit to the scariest feeling in football, especially with Notts.....hope and optimism. I think both Barrow and Harrogate will stumble and if Notts can just get a run going, it's not third I'm looking at.
    We have a great squad, a great management team backed by superb new owners and the best fans going. I think the best finale for years is coming our way.
    Here's hoping. Best wishes. Coupe's.
    David
    Nice one, well worth the wait......I also like to wax lyrical and punch out a fair few words, so a quick tip to stop you punching the computer screen......click-n-drag your mouse over the whole write-up, right click, and hit "COPY", BEFORE hitting "send" and if it boots you out (happens quite a lot in Tarquin´s Mexican hide-out) you simply log back in and right click with "PASTE".......the beauty of this simple action, is that before attempting to send it (the 2nd time), you can also delete "blankety blank is a complete tosser" and avoid a 6 month ban......works for me every time Dave.

ps Hoping you are our lucky mascot, when is your next trip south.....going crazy here without my iFollow pics.....grrrrrr.