+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Are You Worried ?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Quite right. I reckon lots of businesses will go under because there's no telling when this thing will end, could be months yet. The impact on the economy will be huge, many folk will be left unemployed.

One thing this pandemic has brought to my attention is that it's just a reminder of how selfish and single minded folk in this country have become. The legacy of the Thatcher government I dare say. I find it repulsive, tha thinks back to war times and rationing, folk wi an indomitable spirit keeping the country going together as a unit. They'll be disgusted to see what the mentality has become today
    Read something this afternoon about the blitz in London during the second world war .

Unfortunately people looted from bombed out homes and stole from the dead and injured .

The black market thrived with essentials sold at high end prices .

Good and bad everywhere but the bad seems to be the bigger news story .

People really do need to get a grip in the supermarket or they will have that grip imposed on them , quicker than they realise .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Read something this afternoon about the blitz in London during the second world war .

Unfortunately people looted from bombed out homes and stole from the dead and injured .

The black market thrived with essentials sold at high end prices .

Good and bad everywhere but the bad seems to be the bigger news story .

People really do need to get a grip in the supermarket or they will have that grip imposed on them , quicker than they realise .

Aye tha reight Animal. Thuz allus bin bad folk abart no matter what era. Sad to hear such opportunism arose when times must've been unimaginably difficult during the war.

Feckin hell ..... Lock Down !!!

And not a minute sooner in my opinion , absolutely given no choice by the morons at the weekend thinking it's a fecking bank holiday .

Keep safe everyone .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Feckin hell ..... Lock Down !!!
    And not a minute sooner in my opinion , absolutely given no choice by the morons at the weekend thinking it's a fecking bank holiday . Keep safe everyone .
    Yep Animal, these sort of measures could and perhaps should have been forced on us sooner. And it angers me to hear that people just went out at the weekend for a usual p*iss up, or they just went out and did the normal Mothers day things without a care in the world etc.

At least 40 countries have banned travellers from the UK.....
    AND how many have we banned?

Here in Cyprus all civil aircraft are grounded. You can't even send a letter abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    Here in Cyprus all civil aircraft are grounded. You can't even send a letter abroad.
    thee keep well Tiggs

Many thanks Roma, same to you.
    The wunt let me in Lidl yesterday, I were too old.
    If tha ova 60 thas to shop between 7am and 10am nar in Cyprus.
    First time I've been turned away because of my age since 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    Many thanks Roma, same to you.
    The wunt let me in Lidl yesterday, I were too old.
    If tha ova 60 thas to shop between 7am and 10am nar in Cyprus.
    First time I've been turned away because of my age since 1973.
    Be hopes your lidl's better than ours they haven't restocked shelves for days essentials etc waste of time going in

No shortages here, probably because they were geared up for the holiday makers that can't come.

Latest here is that from 6pm (4pm UK time) you can't leave your home without sending a text and getting a text reply giving permission.
    There are 8 categories, going to a supermarket, walking a dog, going to see a Doctor etc.

Feeling claustrophobic already.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast