+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 'cancellation'

Lets call this for what it is. It's a bio engineered virus. It's not some virus that escaped from a food market. Wuhan has one of the deadliest bioweapon labs in the world. This is not the first incident with this facility but it's by far the worst.

If the Chinese don't kill all the lab workers it will come out someday that this was a bio engineered virus that escaped or was released from Wuhan. Almost no natural mutation would move at the speed and severity that this one has. it was designed in a lab to kill and demoralize an enemy in as large numbers as possible. It's basically an act of war against humanity and certainly not a matter of putting "profit before people". All of the great scientific minds and pharmaceutical companies are working at a breakneck pace to try to find a vaccine or treatment paradigm. Of course, the full fledged panic and 24/7 coverage proclaiming the pandemic has triggered reprehensible behavior such as the hoarding, overusage of medical facilities by people who are sick but aren't one of the unlucky ones that get hit really hard and, of course, the chance for the ruling elite to take more freedoms and liberty away from us.

We have no herd immunity to it. Basically the same as native American Indians having no immunity to European diseases and there will be a kill rate since a large enough swath of people will get it. The only thing you can do is hope to stall long enough for vaccines and treatements that are effective. Summer and outdoor will help, along with a large number of people who will have recovered by then and have some immunity.

Of course, like always, our journalists will kowtow to the Chinese trying to curry their favor and will inevitably try to find some scapegoat such as some free foreign country or trump. It's the only way the chinese could quell the Hong Kong riots and damage counties that were starting to demand some equity in trade deals as well as some intellectual protection on patents and processes.

China, of course, is well on the way to recovery while the rest of the world is being devestated.

Yep, the Chinese have no protests or riots to deal with now and the people are well under control again.
    Fu ck the rest of the world.

I disagree with you Spaldy, the UK gov have definitely been putting profit before people.

Every other country in the world has stated Social distancing, not gathering in numbers, closing schools, non essential personnel staying at home home and where applicable iscolation should be used.

However the UK government ignored this, allowed events like Cheltenham to go ahead, gave no direction on gathering of crowds, so most events e.g. football took their own stance. The UK kept schools open until a growing majority of parents refused to send kids to school. A lot of businesses started taking their own action without any real support from the Government.

I know the UK is now starting to follow the protocols that everyone else is using, I just hope they haven't left it too late.

Whilst people may say it is inevitable that people will die, it doesn't excuse a government from sitting idly by and not putting measures in place to stop the virus from spreading.

it would be poor governance also, to ruin the country's economy, putting millions on the dole to protect us from a flu virus that we are likely as not to get anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    it would be poor governance also, to ruin the country's economy, putting millions on the dole to protect us from a flu virus that we are likely as not to get anyway.
    Don't bet on that mate, I'm on my 4th day of a 7 day complete isolation & I haven't even been tested, the medics are doing everything by phone over here so all that I can do is follow their advice.

we are isolating here G, doesnt make much diference mind you, i live in a village with 6 houses! still got toilet roll in our supermercado!

I'm stuck in my bedroom with all of the windows open & away from the wife & kids - at least the bedroom is en-suite though thank God.

Name:  89354764_10219324973329372_6198799094270394368_n.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  44.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Name:  89354764_10219324973329372_6198799094270394368_n.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  44.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Again, not a view I could agree with.

The economy will recover but you are a long time dead.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)