+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 'cancellation'

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Deary deary me, didn't realise just how small Bumley were!! Never more than 22k for any home game (although probably a good thing, as their little ground can't cope with more than 22.5). And after 11 years in the PL they still have a ground like that, for shame!
    The Blackburn of the 21st century, without the chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Not sure about "without the chickens" either!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Without the title

Wow,I didn't realise how jealous of little Burnley you lads are ..Crowds mean nothing nowadays in the Premier league,it's all about TV money.. Another 130 million going into the dry powder room at Burnley at the end of the the season..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Wow,I didn't realise how jealous of little Burnley you lads are ..Crowds mean nothing nowadays in the Premier league,it's all about TV money.. Another 130 million going into the dry powder room at Burnley at the end of the the season..
    Alf you're right. I'm so jealous of Burnley that one day, sometime, maybe, perhaps, i might go on a Burnley forum and talk about them.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I think you mistake jealousy for pity, easily done (for some).

Nice to see true colours though, all about the money ("crowds mean nothing", sad, very sad), and the miniscule home crowds get what from that £130m eh Alf, mid-table mediocrity and crumbs from the table of the top 6? Very satisfying I'm sure.

If we played behind closed doors we could become Shrodinger's Leeds where we could be both promoted and not promoted....

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    That would be unfair to the bigger clubs who are used to noise and atmosphere in their grounds. It would only be an advantage to the smaller clubs like Wigan and Burnley in my opinion.
    Lol

Man City v Arsenal called off due to Corona virus.. Won't be long now before they cancel all games .Looking like Leeds will miss out again in their quest to the Premier league..Absolutely gutted we won't be playing you next season..lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 11-03-2020 at 11:35 AM.

If it helps stop the spread of this horrible virus, then cancel English football until at least August. No one goes up, no one goes down, no one wins the Premier League and no one wins the FA Cup.

Reading across social media though it seems both Leeds and Liverpool fans are both joined at the hip over this issue and massively against it as they are more interested in seeing their clubs achieve things ahead of seeing something done which will help stop the spread of a virus which has so far claimed lives.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)