+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'cancellation'

'cancellation'

Suddenly the prospect of games being stopped is real it seems.

Italy has 'cancelled' all sport until April, including Serie A. I guess it will restart it's competitions at that point but it would seem there must be limitations on how long a season can continue at that point, even if it restarts then, with the Euros supposed to happen 6 weeks later and the need for a close season for the players.

I think up until now it's seemed likely that games will continue behind closed doors, and that was discussed today, but if we go the way of Italy they only did that for a couple of weeks before today's decision.

We need to get as many points on the board as we can in the meantime.

Surely it couldn't be that they cancel the UK league season completely?

Possible nightmare!

I thought they had decided that games be played behind closed doors?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Changed today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51808683

"Let's not make a drama out of a crisis", yeah, as if the media and our esteemed leaders will take any notice.

F00king ridiculous given that influenza kills HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS EVERY YEAR IN EUROPE ALONE!!!!! Health and safety "culture" gone mad.

Government have just announced they are pushing for the cancellation of the rest of the football season,cancelling all results so far and starting afresh next season..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Government have just announced they are pushing for the cancellation of the rest of the football season,cancelling all results so far and starting afresh next season..
    Did that message arrive in Bumley by carrier pigeon as telephones or electricity have reached there yet.

Alf has had to cancel his poodle perm at the hairdressers..its getting really serious now.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You wish!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    That would be unfair to the bigger clubs who are used to noise and atmosphere in their grounds. It would only be an advantage to the smaller clubs like Wigan and Burnley in my opinion.

Deary deary me, didn't realise just how small Bumley were!! Never more than 22k for any home game (although probably a good thing, as their little ground can't cope with more than 22.5). And after 11 years in the PL they still have a ground like that, for shame!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)